Put His words in your heart

" Don't lose sight of my words, let them penetrate deep within your heart, for they bring life and radiant health to anyone who discovers their meaning. "

Proverbs 4:21-22

This verse reminds us to constantly keep God's words in our hearts since they will be our weapon when we face temptations and difficulties. Just as Jesus did during His forty-day fast in the desert when the devil tempted Him. Jesus has a weapon to wield against satan because he is filled with the Holy Spirit and the word. The same is true in our daily life, when we face several temptations. We are easily tempted and end up repeating the same sin if we do not rely on the Holy Spirit and do not study God's word, which is the Bible. We must also put what we read in the Bible into practice and live by it every day. It's also crucial to memorize scriptures and dwell on God's words. It will be our spiritual weapon against the enemy, as I already stated. As what Ephesians 6:11 says "Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." KJV.

"Therefore, put on the whole armor of God," Ephesians 6:13-17 says, "so that when the day of evil arrives, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." Stand steady, then, with the belt of truth around your waist, the armor of righteousness on your shoulders, and your feet fitted with the peace gospel's readiness. In addition, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish the entire bad one's blazing darts. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." This plainly shows that the struggle with satan is spiritual, and that no physical weapons can be used effectively against him and his henchmen. We don't get a list of precise strategies that Satan will use. However, the chapter makes it plain that if we faithfully follow all of the directions, we will be able to stand and triumph over satan's scheme.

The truth is the first line of defense for us (verse 14). This is understandable, given that Satan is known as the "father of lies." Deception is high on God's list of things that are abominations. One of the things He calls "detestable to Him" is a "lying tongue." As a result, we are urged to put on the truth for our own sanctification and deliverance, as well as the benefit of others to whom we witness.

Verse 14 also instructs us to put on the breastplate righteousness. A breastplate protected a warrior's vital organs from potentially lethal strikes. This righteousness is not the result of human efforts. Rather, it is the righteousness of Christ, imputed by God and received by faith that protects our hearts from Satan's accusations and attacks, as well as our innermost being.

The preparing of the feet for spiritual combat is mentioned in verse 15. During combat, an enemy may place dangerous impediments in the way of advancing troops. The idea of preparing the feet as footwear alludes to what we'll need to go into Satan's land, conscious that there will be traps, while preaching the gospel of grace, which is so important in converting people to Christ. Satan has erected numerous impediments in the way of the gospel's spread.

Satan's planting of doubt regarding God's trustworthiness and His Word is rendered useless by what is mentioned in verse 16 the shield of faith. Our faith, of which Christ is "the author and perfecter," is precious, strong, and substantial, like a golden shield.

In verse 17, the Helmet of Salvation provides protection for the head, keeping a vital component of the body alive. Our way of thought, we could say, requires preservation. The head is the seat of the mind, which will not accept erroneous doctrine or succumb to Satan's temptations once it has grasped the secure gospel hope of eternal life. Because he lacks the helmet of salvation and his thinking is incapable of distinguishing between spiritual truth and spiritual deceit, the unsaved individual has no hope of fending off the blows of false theology.

Verse 17 explains the meaning of the sword of the Spirit: it is the Word of God. The Sword of the Spirit is the only offensive weapon in God's armor, while the other parts of spiritual armor are defensive in character. It emphasizes the holiness and power of God's Word. It's impossible to imagine a more powerful spiritual weapon. The Word of God was always Jesus' powerful response to Satan during His temptations in the desert. What a blessing that we have access to the same Word!

In addition to putting the whole armor of God, we are instructed to pray in the Spirit (that is, with Christ's mind, heart, and priorities). We must not overlook prayer, as it is through it that we receive spiritual power from God. Our spiritual warfare efforts are meaningless and worthless if we don't pray and rely on God. The whole armor of God—truth, righteousness, gospel, faith, salvation, God's Word, and prayer—are the weapons God has given us for spiritual victory, overcoming Satan's attacks and temptations.

So constantly keep God's words in our minds because they will serve as a guide and a protection against the enemy, as well as making our lives more fruitful and radiant. It will give us hope and assurance when life appears bleak and hopeless; His words will uplift us and make our hearts flutter with delight. His words are full of revelations and wisdom, so read them and find out what God wants you to know. Let us be thankful for how wonderful our God is!

Thank you for reading Godly people I pray that you will always put God's words in your hearts!

PS: Interpretation of God's armor is from https://www.gotquestions.org/full-armor-of-God.html