Chapter 1: UA's First Student Transfer Program

Izuku Midoriya's POV / Narration

"The world we live in is filled with people who have developed their very own unique superpowers we officially call a "quirk"; in fact, over 80% of the world's population possess this uncanny ability.

It started out as a mystery, but before long, the supernatural became normal over time. And because of this, our wildest dreams of heroes became an everyday reality; even gave rise to the world's #1 Pro-Hero... All Might.

When he came, crime all around the world had been reduced dramatically. His heroic deeds earned him the title: "The Symbol of Peace".

And all my life, All Might has been my inspiration to become a hero; to save those in need with a smile on my face.

But eventually, I almost gave up that dream after learning at a very young age that I was quirkless. And it was soon after, that everyone around me told me that my dreams were impossible. Even my idol, All Might, at one point told me that heroes couldn't be heroes without a quirk when I discovered his true form after he saved me from a sludge villain. But then... that same sludge monster returned and almost captured Kacchan, or Katsuki Bakugou, my lifelong friend and rival.

Though I was quirkless, I tried to save him from that monster, my body moving before I could even think. And I was unaware of my actions to inspire All Might to push past his limit. And it was my actions that made All Might change his mind; saying the words to me that I desperately needed to hear all my life." Izuku narrates.

"Young man... you, too, can become a hero." All Might's voice stated.

"On that day, I felt like my hopes and dreams were brought back from the abyss of despair. I had later found out that my idol... had a secret about his quirk. And that is... he wasn't born with it, but it was passed down onto him like a sacred torch. And he deemed me, of all people, worthy of inheriting his quirk. The name of this special quirk..." Izuku's narration pauses.

"... is ONE FOR ALL!" All Might's voice narrated.

"This quirk grants the user unimaginable strength and becomes stronger the more it is passed down. Of course, I couldn't just obtain it like that. I had to train my body to handle the effects of One For All. And from that point on, my idol, my hero... became my mentor. I trained for 10 months; every single day for hours upon hours. Cleaning away an entire beach of the trash that washed ashore until there was nothing left.

And soon my training and hard work would pay off as I passed my entrance exam and was accepted into Japan's prestigious institution for future heroes, UA High, the Hero Academia. The written exam was a breeze for me, but... I was lacking on combat points in the combat exam. And when they unleashed the Zero pointer robot, almost everyone ran away, except for me and one other applicant by the name of Ochaco Uraraka. Just like before, I rushed in without thinking and took down the robot with a single punch. But because I barely obtained One For All, my arm and legs became useless from such a high jump and one punch. I would have been dead if it wasn't for my soon-to-be best friend, Uraraka, using her quirk to slow my fall.

After the exams were over, I got my letter in the mail and just as I expected, I passed the written test, but scored 0 points in the combat training. However... I was told that there were other factors that were taken into account. Specifically when I rushed in to save Uraraka. As it turned out they had hero points as well. And I scored 60 in total, which earned me a spot in my Hero Academia, as All Might put it.

And from then on, my time in UA has made my life brighter as I earned new friendships with all of my classmates, but it also drives me to work harder than I ever did before if I want to reach my goal.