chp: 6

completely forgot to post a photo for him, art creds: deadprinceee on twitter!

it was the last quarter. down to the last minute, oikawa was freezing. he noticed iwaizumi was wearing an unfamiliar large coat, having naību wrapped in his arms. he had an extra body for heat, while oikawa could only focus on leaving.

naību turned to oikawa, blinking at him as her red and blue eyes were wide.

"t-chan could've given you his jacket for warmth." she nodded to herself, "after all zumi is wearing marcey's coat."

that comment didn't surprise oikawa, he only laughed at it, "i see. i'm okay like this. the game is almost over anyways."

he looked at the score board, seijoh winning by a lot. 42-0.

he turned to looked at the field once more, seeing that the other team had the ball. running to the end zone, hoping to score before the night ended, but then he saw number 4, tsuyoi, running as fast as he could to catch up to that player. seijoh had a very competitive football team, each player was going after that one guy, practically having a race to see who could reach him before he made a touchdown.

of course, tsuyoi was the one to get there first. he wrapped his arms around the male running, tackling him to the ground in harsh manner, the football releasing from his grasps before he touched the ground. tsuyoi's eyes followed the movement of the ball, a fumble, he quickly got up and picked the ball up on instinct.

"and aiko tsuyoi gets the fumble! seijoh had a huge advantage. will the star player make it to the end zone?!"

there were so many cheers. the two volleyball players were still shocked to hear this much energy and loudness.

there was 20 seconds left, he wanted to beat the countdown, he wanted to make a touchdown one more time before the game ended. he huffed out a sigh, he was on the other side of the field, this player was only 10 yards away from scoring, so he had to pick his pace up.

the cheers grew louder, the screaming only proved to the captain that he was the star player, the one to end this game, the one to bring victory to his team.

he wasted no time in running, his feet close to the out of bounds area, his eyes moving everywhere. hoping to spot the other team before they tackled him, but it was a breeze for him. it was like no one was on the field with him, it felt like his one on one, lonely practice.

"the crowd is wild! tsuyoi has really stepped his game up!"

~~

"were you not playing to your fullest?" tasha asked.

tsuyoi shrugged, "my body told me to push my limits. even though it was also screaming at me to just give up, but i had people to impress. i couldn't let anyone down, at least, that's what i thought." tsuyoi blinked, his mind feeling dead as he thought about his past. "i'm starting to regret agreeing to this interview, i don't think i'm truly ready to share my story."

oikawa grabbed tsuyoi's hand with both of his hands, his eyes softening at the taller male who couldn't make eye contact. it was heartbreaking to watch, but oikawa soothed his mind as he gently rubbed his hand. kissing just below his ear, knowing that tsuyoi always found a sense of clarity in that action.

tsuyoi smiled when he looked at oikawa, he took a deep breath, "but i'm already here. there's no point in stopping, so let's continue."

~~

he noticed someone had caught up to his speed, realizing that they were gaining on him quick. at this rate, he would be tackled, at this rate he would let people down. this wasn't a practice or a scrimmage where he could fool around, this was an actual game, and his coach would be disappointed in him.