Chapter 11: My Woman

Devil Boy couldn’t believe it.

Mia was standing, her eyes were open, she was smiling and she looked insane.

“Why did you do it?” Riena asked.

“I did what I had to do.” She said, “all those girls and Adrien and Morgan’s father died because you did what you had to do?” She asked. “It doesn’t matter.” She said.

She went towards Devil Boy and put her hand on his chest.

“I reached my end goal.” She said, she then went to kiss him again, he backed away with anger and shock on his face.

“What are you doing?” She asked.

“I know I’m insane but I’m sorry you’re crazier.” He said.

“Devil Boy, I know you love me. You just don’t know it yet.” She said.

“No. I don’t love you. Not even a little bit.” He said.

“What do you mean?” She asked.

“I love Veronica, not you! Even you know! Literally it’s written on your hit list!” His eyes widened when he remembered seeing her locket when she was showing it to him and then the locket her and Veronica found. He was beginning to connect the clues to Mia, the “poem,” the reason why she said she couldn’t do a date on Thursday, when he heard a hint of jealousy in her voice when he chose to stay with Veronica instead of giving her a kiss...and even the time when she and him kissed...it seemed strange...

“I should have known.” He said.

“You never noticed me and now you are noticing me because I killed for you.”
“Look I kill people but not for other people and only in self-defense. You kill people for literally the stupidest reasons-''''Devil Boy you’re crazier than her, you kill for fun.”
“But it’s not like I have a schedule for when I need to kill. She has to kill on Thursdays at 5 o’clock! She needs to kill or she’ll go insane. Come on! I don’t need to kill to maintain my sanity! In fact you’ve lost yours! You lied to everyone Mia! You’re insane!”

“I never meant to hurt you.” Mia whispered.

“You didn’t hurt me, you hurt everyone I cared about. Why would I love you for that?” He asked.

“I-I-I-I-I” she puts her hands on her head and starts shaking, her back hits the wall and she starts to whisper things.

“No-No-No-No.”

Suddenly a bullet hit Mia’s shoulder. Devil Boy gasped.

“What the-”

“GET DOWN!” Nickson shouted. Nickson jumped on Devil Boy and grabbed Talon by his sweater and drove both against the ground. Riena just listened.

“What-What?” Mia turned to the side and her body was LIT UP.

She was shot at least 40 times, on her face, her arms, her legs, her chest and stomach.

Her whole body was lit up with bullet holes.

She fell on the floor.

Blood was everywhere...

Riena looked mortified.

“Well their target was Mia...they didn’t miss that.” Talon said.

Nickson and Devil Boy stood crouched on the ground, they looked at her body and then both peaked through the window.

They saw people with huge guns and a diamond on their guns were running away.

“4 of them with the same symbol...what the hell?” Nickson looked at her, he saw something peeking from the back of her hair, he lifted it to her tattoo.