𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐒

Green eyes met darkness as Erin slowly opened her eyes.

Erin hissed as she blinked, her eyes stung from all the crying.

"What the hell..." She mumbled as she sat up. She looked out of the window seeing the moon shine.

Erin sighed as she had slept through the whole day, "Great." She muttered as she simply stared at the ceiling.

The events that took place before she fell asleep resurfaced, making her heart sting as well.

Erin shook her head feeling as the whole world was closing in.

She got up and walked out of her room, she scanned the dark hallway assuming Daiji was either asleep or in the living room.

Erin walked out of the hallway, the house was as empty as ever.

She looked around the empty house. Old images of the same darkness when they first arrived in Konoha cane to her mind.

She remembered how she and Daiji cleaned the house for hours, and how he had told her many stories about her parents.

Erin groaned as she shook her head, "God...dammit." Erin quickly walked towards the front door, she threw on her shoes, and walked out.

As soon as she stepped out she took a deep breath as the door closed behind her.

It was a warm night allowing her to stay in her tank top and sweats. She looked up at the sky seeing as the moon was full.

She let out a breath and walked down the small stairs, and off to somewhere unknown.

Suddenly as Erin turned in a corner she collided with something, "Watch where you're going..." Erin mumbled as she stumbled back.

"Well, this brings back memories." The voice made Erin look up.

"Kai?" Erin called a little surprised.

Kai chuckled, "Why are you so surprised to see me." He smiled.

Erin shrugged, "What are you doing?" She asked as she stuffed her hands deep into her pockets.

Kai raised a brow, "I could ask you the same thing." He narrowed his eyes.

Erin rolled her eyes, "Fair enough." She mumbled as she continued walking.

"So..." Kai walked beside her, "What are you doing out?" He asked.

Erin sighed, "I can't be home, that's all." She mumbled honestly.

Kai nodded, "I get it, i had to wait until my mom fell asleep so i could go out. She tackled me when she saw me, the women won't let me breathe." He groaned.

Erin chuckled, "Sounds tough." She smiled.

Kai grinned, "I swear i felt like a prisoner." He shivered, "But what about you? Is your uncle obsessed with your return?"

Erin shook her head, "He gave me time. I appreciate that about him, i really do." She smiled, "But it's too much." She added.

The two walked down a path that went alongside a small field.

"You have been waiting to come back for so long." Kai stated, "Then the night before we came back, you acted like it was the last thing you wanted to do." He added.

Erin shrugged, "I thought it's what i wanted...it is," She looked up at the sky, "But i can't help feeling like its wrong."

Kai glanced at Erin, "What feels wrong?" He asked.

Erin looked down at her feet, "It's going to sound so wrong...but i can't help it." She whispered.

"Being away from home was hard at first. I missed everyone." She started, "But as the time passed...i felt so free." Erin let out a shaky breath making Kai look over at her.