Prologue

At a very young age, both Ash and her little sister Eriko walk in the Ashlands trying to survive. Ash was 10, looking after his 8 year old sister after they lost their parents. They've been out there for 5 years. Trying to hide from Aragami, trying to hide from the Ports, and trying their best to live. They have done unforgivable things like raiding others' supplies, stealing, even killing just so they survive. This however, will last forever.

"Damn, 5 years." said Ash. Both him and Eriko were hiding inside an abandoned building. "We can't continue like this. We might as well join a Port that could treat us well."

"But there are so many bad people. They take kids in and force them to be God Eaters." Eriko shooked in fear. "What if we're forced to be monsters?"

"We're not gonna be monsters. We're gonna live till the end." Ash looks outside to see if there's any Aragami. So far, there's two of them, but they were focused on eating a corpse. He turned his head back to his sister and shook his head.

Eriko covers her mouth as she leans on her brother's chest. Ever since they lost their home, Eriko has been scared. She doesn't know when an Aragami is going to jump up and eat her alive. And people who work to stop the Aragami treat people who are out there poorly.

Ash looked back up. "If we can quickly get out of here, we could avoid them."

"Can't we just wait... I don't want to take that risk."

Ash picks up a rock. "It's okay, I think I got a plan. I'll throw a rock to one direction to get their attention. Then, we'll make a break for it."

"O-okay." Eriko nodded her head.

Ash got up and looked around. On his right across the Aragami, there was a car. Without thinking, he threw the rock at it, causing the alarm to go off. As the Aragami heard it, they followed towards the car, as Ash grabbed his sister and ran out of the building.

*Later at Noon*

After managing to escape, both siblings continue to walk. All they have in them are a few protein bars and some water. They were running low on the things they have.

"Big Brother," Eriko started. "Are we gonna be okay?"

"To be honest... I don't know." said Ash. "Like I said before, we can't live like this... But I refuse for us to die here."

"... I'm hungry."

"I know. But we don't have anything else, and we're running low. That's why I decided for us to eat once and drink one sip 3 times a day. If we eat normally, we'll lose our supplies and die. I don't want that."

As they continue to walk, Ash stops. He put his right arm out to stop Eriko. In front of them were guards taking kids into a track. Eriko hid behind him.

"What do we do now...?" Eriko shook in fear. Her legs were wobbling. "I don't want to go... Not like this."

"... I got an idea." Ash turned around and put his hands on his sister's shoulder. "We're gonna play hide and seek.

"But... We can't play now."

"Yes we can... Listen closely, you'll hide and I'll seek. I'm gonna turn around, close my eyes and count to ten. And when I turn around, you better make sure I don't see you. Run as fast as you can and hide. Don't let anyone see you."

"But... We're supposed to be together..."

"We will. But for now, do me a favor and hide." Eriko stayed silent. But she shook her head. Ash smiled. "Okay." he took his backpack off and put it around her. "Take this, I'm not gonna need it for a while." He then turns around and covers his eyes. "I'm gonna count to 10... 1... 2... 3... 4..."