chapter 1

Have you ever had that feeling in your chest of the weight that drags you down. It feels like my insides are being torn out. The secrets, the lies, the betrayal and the pain all led to this one moment but if i could i wouldn't change my life for anything because the people i've met, the friends i've made and my family is all i need in my life.It's all i need i told myself but was it true, cause right now i think that they ruined everything they touched, but its was him i needed he brought out the fire from within me, he helped me through my struggles that i thought i would be wrapped in for the rest of my life. But he helped me through all of it. I hope he can help me through this.

Stood there in the water looking out into the deep blue sea finding peace. My friends are running around, giggling, splashing each other with water, having fun while I'm standing there with my eyes closed breathing in the natural ocean scent. My blue eyes were complimented by the colour of the ocean many told me, maybe that was a reason I loved being in the water so much. All i could think about is how peaceful it is to be away from everything, school, family, it's almost like the whole world stopped. My whole life was rather spent in school, camping or in the ocean. It was now summer break and all I wanted was to be around my friends and the sea.

I suddenly felt something graze against my foot, I looked down into the water but couldn't see anything. I brushed it off thinking it was probably a fish.

A few seconds later I felt something against my foot again. I move to the side, until something grabs my foot, immediately pulling me down into the water, I try screaming but my mouth is full of salt water, I splash my arms trying to get someone's attention to help me but also kicking my feet trying to shake what has held of my foot. I felt a strong grip around my arms pulling me up to the surface, it was Lucas who helped me up. Griffin's head popped out of the water, running his hands through his hair. It was him who was pulling me down, it must have been him. " What the hell is your problem, she couldn't breath under water" Lucas yells. "I don't know what you're on about, what happened" they both argue back and forth, i try to block their voices out, i had always hated arguments. I looked behind Griffin to see a scaly tail splash into the ocean. But this 'thing' had hands and almost looked like a woman but she thought she was just hallucinating, 'I mean a mermaid they're not even real, right?' she thought and the world started to spin, then darkness.

I suddenly wake up with no sense of where I am, my head aches with a tingling sensation flowing throughout my body. My eyes shoot open, still oblivious of what's going on, trying to familiarise myself with my surroundings. I find I'm lying in a hospital bed. Its pitch black outside the window, showing it was night time 'how long have i been out?' I begin to wonder.

While looking around I notice a shadowy figure shooting across the room, then the door opens and my roommates walk in, but they are more like best friends, Natalie and Lucas. They switched on the light which revealed there was no one actually in the room, 'maybe I was still seeing things' I thought to myself. The light made Natalie's natural blond hair glow like something out of tangled but Nat's hair was more silver than blond. But Lucus's hair was as dark as the night sky. They both had polar opposite personalities but they got along, to be honest I think if i wasn't there for them both they would eat each other alive.

"Hey Reyna, how are you feeling?" Natalie whispered. "I'm fine Nat but why are you whispering", I whispered back to mimic Nat's voice. Natalie quickly glances over the corner of the room when no light had reached, which I thought was quite odd but didn't want to question it. Nat diverts her attention back to me, "no reason", she says with her normal upbeat tone of voice.

"What happened to me anyway, why am I here?" I decided to question. "You passed out after that jerk Griffin pulled you under the water" Lucas scoffed.

I instantly remembered what I saw out in the ocean, I was debating whether to tell them or not, because what if I told them and they thought I was going crazy and ended up under psych evaluation. 'Okay maybe that's a bit too far but what if they think I'm weirder than I already am', I couldn't help but wonder. 'Ugh I'm just gonna tell them', I decided.