Chapter Three: Labyrinth of the Mind

Everything was foggy. A swirling mass of sickening decay. Lamia's body felt intact but she knew something was off. Everything was dark, nothing but hues of different shades of grey. No matter how hard she tried to move, her body was stuck. Weighed down by the atmosphere around. "Where am I?" This

"Gone into a world of make believe..." A light airy female voice carried over the depressing waves of agony. Lamia stood frozen in place, a slight panic beginning to rise.

"A strategy of the mind, fully conceived. Deception, betrayal, no one's relieved." The voice was moving with the swirling fog. Never in one place.

"You're twisted health is not so naive. Fallen and frail you no longer can grieve." Lamia tried so hard to run but her body refused to respond.

"So go into death for life to be retrieved. But once you've arrived, you can never leave..." The voice grew closer, along with scenes of fire, hell, and brimstone. "What is going on?" Lamia's mind raced with fear as the scenes came closer still. "Who's voice...is this?"

"For Life unto death is the grave masters bereave. Emancipated to the grave in atonement for ones sin. Destroyed your own light, the devil will soon begin. To gnaw at the soul and devour whats within." A shadowy figure started to form before Lamia. The features were blurred, like a forbidden memory. "Who...are you?!" Lamia tried to ask questions but her mouth refused to cooperate. She remained frozen despite her best efforts to break free of the darkness' grasp.

Finally the shadowy figure cleared and stood before Lamia. Her eyes were a glassy blue with dark circles underneath. Her skin was porcelain white, like someone who never saw the sun. She looked like a heavenly ghost yet had the fires of hell in her lifeless, soulless eyes. This figure pointed to Lamia and continued with her words. "The very fires of hell will crawl into your skin. Forget whats next he's after your kin. Never saved your own soul, you've let it pass once again." Lamia stared at this mysterious figure, her eyes wide and her mind confused with these words this ghostly being spoke. "Is this a riddle?" The figure looked Lamia dead in the eyes and got uncomfortably close. "You want to know your future?" Lamia's body went rigid. Instead of saying the words out loud this being spoke into Lamia's head. "If you are not careful Lamia...You will lose your life just like Daemon lost his." This figure's voice was silky smooth, airy, and had a fragility to it. Like a thin piece of glass that could be broken at any moment. "How dare you! Daemon has nothing to do with this!" No matter how hard she tried or fought the resistance, Lamia's mouth refused to move. "I know you are curious, but this is non other than the labyrinth of your mind. A maze, a riddle, a look into the future." The ghost placed its hand on Lamia's cheek. A shiver was sent through her spine. "You, Lamia, are a vessel. You will see in the final battle." The ghostly woman stepped back, or rather floated back, and gave an evil smile.

"Listen closely, You hear death's mighty violin? That's you accepting the Grave masters win." The figure bowed then looked Lamia in the eye one more time. "You. Will. Die." With those final words the figure snapper her fingers and disappeared into thin air, along with the scenes of the fire and brimstone. Lamia took a deep breath and growled in frustration.

"You have some nerves!" She screamed then jumped at the sound of her own voice. "Seriously? NOW I can speak?! After that ghostly woman left!" Lamia sighed then slumped onto the black misty ground below her placing her head in her hands. "I don't even know what's going on..."

"If you are not careful Lamia...You will lose your life." That ghostly womans voice still haunted Lamia's mind. "Grah! What did any of that even mean?! Final battle, losing my life, being a vessel, maze..." She growled again and stood. "This is just a dream isn't it? This is my mind playing tricks. Labyrinth of the mind..." For the first time since she can remember being here, Lamia was able to take a step. "Fine...then I will just break out." With that, she took off. She ran into whatever direction was right in front of her and she refused to stop until she awoke. "I refuse to give up. I refuse to let the darkness confuse my mind." Her heart started to race and her breath started to speed up as she continued to run with all her might. "I will not stop until I have the Devil's head on a spike." Lamia narrowed her eyes and continued to run into the darkness before her. Anger and hatred pulsed through her veins, fueling her to propel forward. "I will always keep fighting!" She screamed and disappeared into the misty abyss that clouded around her. Nothing was going to break Lamia's spirit and no matter what horrible future awaited her, she was going to shove through. This labyrinth of Lamia's mind was just a simple test the prince of darkness had in store but nothing compared to what was in the near future.