chapter sixty.

*part of a double update, please read chapter 59 before hand.

Harry Styles

Tonight is the night my life changes forever, for the better.

We spoke about it, and I'm currently walking up the drive of my family home to get Harper and take her to my place. I need to pack, and tell her, and my mother. I still don't know how I'm gonna do that. My mum will understand, I'm not sure about Harper.

I wish I could take her with me, I'd do it if my mum didn't need her. She's my best friend, and living miles and miles away from her sounds like the worst thing in the world. But I'll be back to see her, I'll write her letters everyday and she'll come visit all the time.

I'll miss her more than anything. It'll be like losing half of me, however if she didn't have my mum, then I wouldn't be going. My mum knows how much I care about her, and my mum will make sure every letter I send home will reach Harper, she'll make sure of it.

It's just telling her that'll be the hardest part, saying goodbye. It'll kill me, and the worst part of it is that she won't even understand it all. She won't understand it now, but she will later. However she won't be able to un-feel all of the sadness and hurt when she's older that she'll feel when she finds out.

My mum opened the door, Harper was stood behind her however both of their smiles dropped when they saw my face which was bruised. I forgot about that, and the worst part is that it was her husband that's responsible. I don't want her to feel bad or pity me, I hate when she feels guilty.

"What happened?" She asked, stepping aside to let me in.

I crouched down to Harpers level and smiled at her, "Nothing for you to worry about."

"Your father isn't talking to me," My mum told me, wandering off mid conversation as if I was to follow. I stood back up and took Harper's hand, and we followed our mum through to the kitchen. She was holding a brown envelope out to me. "...so here."

"What.." I paused when I saw inside the envelope, to a pile of cash. "What the...mum? No, I can't."

My mum just folded her arms and looked at Harper, shrugging her shoulders and sighing. I handed her the envelope back, however she didn't take it and stood stubbornly with her arms folded and a smirk on her face.

"It's for..." She paused looking at Harper for a brief second. "You know what. And don't you dare argue with me, don't even try it."

I'd love to argue, I'd love to tell her no, but I know my mum, and she will not back down. If I give her this money back she'll hide it in my bag, or send it toParis, or god knows what. Instead, I just had to smile and tuck it into my pocket. My mum nodded and smiled back before walking over to grab her cup of tea and sit on her chair in front of her newspaper again.

I crouched down to Harper, she looked a little confused but then she gave me a hug. SHe always hugs me when she sees that I have a bruise or something. I don't even question it anymore, it's her way of trying to heal me and it comes pretty close.

The front door opened and I grabbed her hand, standing back up again once I could hear George and my dad walk in. She tightened her grip on my hand when she heard it was them too, and even my mum looked uncomfortable.

They walked right through to the kitchen where we all were, and as soon as my dad saw me he laughed, sarcastically. Then he looked at me mum angrily, as if to ask what I was doing here, and George just stood behind him with a stupid grin on his face. My mum just sighed, shaking her head back at my dad, evidently frustrated with him too.