Chapter Two

Alexandra Horowitz
9/13/2021
2:30 PM

     My first day of senior year was done. I got my first day of school burrito to commemorate the event. My parents say that there are better burritos but this is just out of convenience. After that I walked to the bus station. I was on time for the bus. I was going to go home and watch television. I had no homework to do since it was the first day. I take a seat in the back where a majority of the students sat. The bus soon departed from the terminal.
      I spent time listening to music on the bus. My music was low so I often heard the beat of the song while I listen to people gossip on the phone as loud as possible so everyone can hear it. There was something strange going on,I witness an old man stare at me the entire ride smiling at me. I felt weirded out but I did not want to do anything about it. I did not want to get the wrong intentions. I just ignored it for the entirety of the ride. He got off the stop before mine but stared at me from outside the bus. Did I know this guy? Should I have just asked why he was staring so creepily? I will continue to investigate if he gets on the bus again.
I get home and go to the basement where no one goes so no one sees me eating a burrito. I needed something new to watch. I watched Gilmore Girls and 30 Rock. I tried to watch the recent Gilmore Girls series but it was too slow in my opinion so I decided to watch It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia instead. I was going to look on the sex offender registry list to see if the man was on it but decided not to. I will continue to investigate as time goes on.

Rachel Goldberg
9/5/1923
8:30 PM

     I was going to the Scarlet Club with my friends tonight. I found my favorite blue dress to wear to go dance in. I put on a pair of new black t-strap heels that I got a few weeks ago.

"Mama. Papa. I am going to Margaret's place for tonight.",I said

"Be safe.",Mama said back

   I walked down the block to the club where Margaret,Mildred,and Dorothy waited outside.

"There you are! Some other kids are here.",Dorothy said

We walk into the club. The walls were painted scarlet red. I could see kids from school at the Scarlet Club as well.

"Margaret! Mildred! Dorothy! Rachel! There you are!",It was no other than Alice Cohen,Jane Cohen's younger sister sitting with a group of boys surrounding her

"Alice,thank you for telling us about the Scarlet Club.",Mildred said,"What do you do here? I hear you are here a lot."

Alice Cohen was beautiful. She had curly black hair that was bobbed and beautiful hazel eyes. She wore a purple dress. I could not resist her charm and neither could the boys she surrounded herself with. I loved her deeply with my heart that I wished I was one of the lucky boys who she surrounded herself with.
    Soon,Benjamin Goldstein walked in to the club. I knew he had a crush on me. It was obvious to everyone that he was in love with me. Soon the band struck up a beat.

"Rachel.",Alice called out,"Come on over here."

     I joined Alice as she grabbed my hands and began to dance to the band playing.

"I sing and dance at this club to earn a few extra dollars for my mom. Papa passed away a few months ago and I had to help support mama as well as Jane. It is quite swell.",Alice said

"Do you want me to get giggle water?",I asked

"Sure.",Alice said

"Maybe we should sit down and talk for a little bit.",I said

   We went to an open table and began to talk. I did not want to admit to her that I was truly in love with her.