:-)

so it's not a shock that hailey wants jake to leave his old friend group for the club because they constantly harass them. people might think jake is being insensitive by not listening straight away but anyone that has been in or is in a toxic relationship knows it's literally never that easy.

many toxic relationships contain a stupid amount of manipulation. a lot of people when they are used to something you don't label it as anything like 'toxic' or unacceptable. because they have always gone through it.

drew liam and henry making fun of the music club is normal for jake, they've been doing that for as long as he has known, so he has manipulated his mind to think it's not a big deal and is just a part of who they are.

also a fact about toxic relationships:
once you enter one, it's really hard to leave.

so when hailey was arguing with jake about how it's his fault in both episode 8 and 9, she was completely in the wrong. never blame the victim.

jake's reaction both times was completely natural if not really mature. he never tried to start anything it was hailey that kept on going. so at 27:30 episode 8 when jake says "we'll what do you want me to do?!"he's not trying to be aggressive, he's actually starting to become vulnerable.

and when hailey just replies "i don't know jake, maybe tell them to stop bothering us period?!" she should've thought before saying that. does hailey really think jake has that power? "hey guys can you stop being jerks to the music club lol soz" "omg yes okay jake!"

to conclude this rant: jake can't just leave the jomies that quickly, or get them to stop harassing them, hailey doesn't know what she's talking about, and jake x suffering is the only acceptable otp💞

okay bye😍