Chapter 12: Hunter

I woke up thinking about our date. Oh, and the musical. On a more serious note, now I have to figure out how to wake up James. I shook James awake and yelled, "Rise and shine!! We have a full day ahead of us mate!" He groaned and pulled his covers over his messy hair.

"James! The musical!" I yelled. He sat up slowly and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

"I hate you." He muttered and punched me on the arm. Fortunately he was still half awake so it didn't affect me at all. I dragged him onto the floor and over to his trunk. We both got dressed, throwing insults at each other the whole time.

"Do you ever sleep? Oh, were you too busy thinking about GABI?" He snorted.

"I kept on hearing you mutter things in your sleep- the name Jackson! Mate, are you dating a guy and haven't told Bella?" I retorted. I had really heard him saying that name in his sleep- but I said it like a joke. James actually paled at my comment but countered,

"And I kept on hearing you make kissing noises in your sleep." I grunted but pretty much ignored him. We walked into the commons, me fully awake but James still stumbling over his own feet.

"Oh look, it's Bella!" I pointed across the commons. James immediately straightened up and began to mess with his hair. "Ah, you're so easy to fool Jamsie-boy." I chuckled. He scowled and we made our way down to the Great Hall, hindered only by Peeves, who tried to drop a stone bust on us.

We made it in time for the morning mail. I sat down next to Fred and Gabi, across from James. Gabi was tearing open a letter that her brown screech owl had brought her. "Who's it from?" I asked.

"Mom and Dad," She replied, without looking at me. She scanned the letter and let out a gasp of surprise.

"Oh my God, they cannot be doing this!" Gabi yelled. Fortunately, the owls around us covered up the noise. Her light brown hair flew around as she shook her head. "No, no, no!" She looked up at me and her blue eyes sparkled indignantly in the sunlight.

"Care to tell me what?" I asked, bored of the suspense.

"They're moving to Phoenix!" She cried and covered her face.

"So?" I inquired, piling some food on my plate.

"I don't want to leave Denver! I won't get to see my Broncos play when I go back for winter break!" Gabi moaned and rested her head on the table as Michael, the Seahawk's fan began laughing. Leave it to her to turn moving into something about the Broncos. "Shut up." She scowled at him.

"It's funny to see you in a state like this," Michael commented, "Especially when it's about a crappy team!" I glared at him (even though I really wanted to laugh) and told him to shove off.

"I'm so distressed," Gabi continued theatrically. I knew she wasn't really that distressed though. "I don't want to do the walk through of the musical today!" Um, what? Ok, something is wrong with her.

"Stop being over dramatic," I ordered, "And eat!"

"Yeah, food is the best!" Bella chimed in.

"Yummy, yummy, yummy!" James waved a plate of pancakes in front of her.

"THE BRONCOS ARE MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN FOOD!" Gabi howled.

"Umm... actually..." Sahej started to contradict her, but Gabi cut her off.

"Don't you DARE trifle me with technicalities!" She shrieked.

"Ok, geez. No need to shout." Was Sahej's faint reply, and with an air of resignation, she returned to her French toast.