chapter 1 - him

"c'mon sweetie! it's time to wake up!" mom said as she nudged your shoulders.

"mom! just give me 5 more minutes please?" you said as you rolled over to your other side of the bed.

"y/n! it's your first day of school and you're already going to be late c'mon!" she said, as she yanked the blanket you were covering yourself with.

"mom!!" you sat up on your bed angrily looking at her.

"it's such a beautiful day and you're just sleeping? hurry up! breakfast is ready!" she cheerfully said as she exited and hummed down the hallway.

you sighed as you stretched and yawned to go into the bathroom to fix yourself.

"okay, y/n you got this! just a new whole town, new people, new school.."

you said as you looked yourself in the mirror as you brushed your hair and your teeth.

"Y/N!!"

"coming mom!" you sighed as you finished putting on your shoes.

"what's up?" you said as you were coming down the stairs.

"you only have 5 minutes the bus is already here!!" she exclaimed.

"oh my gosh!" you said as you put everything in your backpack and went to the door.

"y/n! what about breakfast? you're going to starve at school! c'mon eat! eat!" she said.

"mom.. there's no time! i'll just eat this apple! you said as you dashed down the door.

"fine, don't complain when you're hungry then!" your mother said as she waved goodbye.

<3

you got on the bus just in time and sat down. then you took out your earphones and you played your favorite song in the whole world.

"first day of highschool.." you said in your head, sighing.

you reached your destination and you got off the bus looking at your new school.

"woah.. it's big! bigger than the school i used to go to." you muttered to yourself.

you went inside and everyone looked at you. you quietly looked down and shrugged it off.

"first period. math. great." you groaned as you walked to the class.

you wanted your first day school to be over already and luckily it went by quick!

it was after school and you were really hungry because you decided to skip lunch because it was gross.

"i should've listened to mom.." you said to yourself. you look over to mini market to satisfy your tummy as you were walking home.

"they must have something good here!" you said as you walked in.

"ahh they have my favorite candy!" you said to yourself as you grabbed it.

you decided to get some things for the house and your mom but you dropped it on the floor.

"just great." you said as you picked up something and someone's hand was on top of yours.

you flinched and looked up at them.

he was the most pretty thing you've ever seen.

"ah! i'm sorry! i can do it!" you said as you quickly grabbed your stuff.

"no worries at all." he said, as he let out a small chuckle.

"why didn't you just grab a basket over there?" he pointed to the bright pink baskets.

your face turned red as he said this it was so obvious it was there before.

"well, i didn't know .. it's my first time here!" you stammered.

"oh really? i see.." he smirked at you as he helped you carry some stuff to the counter.

you blushed as he did and you freaked out like crazy.

"so..your name is devon?" you said as you looked at his name on his shirt.

"yep. that's me the one and only." he smiled as he scanned your items.

"wait you're the new girl."

"um, yeah isn't it obvious?" you said sarcastically.

"haha you're funny. wait what's your name?" devon asked.

"y/n.." you said, practically whispering.

"hmm?" devon said as he got closer to you to hear better.

"i-it's y/n!"

"oh. y/n such a cool name you have there."

"thank you."

"of course! so..wanna hang out with me and my friends? i'm assuming you're lonely at school." he looked at you.

"hey. it's just my first day. but sure, why not?" you smiled.

"okay cool! here's my number." he said as he wrote it for you.

you felt your cheeks burn up.

devon's pov//

new chick at my store. she's so pretty. where do i even begin? i can't believe i already gave her my number.

her smile is everything. we just met and i feel like i could talk to her about anything.

she seems so cool too! she has such a nice style. how did i not notice her at school? i'm so blind. i have to step up my game or other guys are going to want her.

end of devon's pov//

you thanked devon as you walked out of the store happily.

//

hi everyone thank you for reading the first chapter of this story! i really enjoyed turning red so much. this story won't include the other characters fyi !!

anyway, i don't see any devon x reader stories sadly he's so cool lol,,

i never really make y/n x character stories but i was kinda inspired you know? well that's it for now bye bye! take care <33