Touchdown    /   Where in the world is Autumn Bressett?

One day I woke up and we no longer spoke the same language. I haven't heard from you since. 
hishaam siddiqi.                            Where did you go?

[...] calm down, Ronan, stop being needy, Ronan, get yourself together, Ronan, you're always the car crash, Ronan.
maggie stiefvater.                                 Mister Impossible

                                 Mister Impossible

                                       Defined by simple terms, the butterfly effect is a phenomenon where a small change, something so inconsequential and little of importance (like, say, a butterfly flapping its wings) can have devastating consequences in the long run. Catastrophic. 

But it's not that important. It's something people hear about, sure, but don't spend too much of their time on. They don't get stuck on it. They can't know which of their choices leads to which outcome in the moment, anyway, so why spend minutes worrying about it?

It's understandable, however, why Jesse Bressett gets stuck on it. With the recent death of her sister, Jesse obsesses over the thought that something preventable could've been done to save her. Autumn. That something as little as not drinking coffee on a specific day could've put a stop to whatever events that sent Autumn hiking on that specific day. That sent her packing her supplies with a grim look on her face, sent her walking in the rain and the dark. It's understandable that Jesse focuses on something as microscopic as a phenomenon that most people don't care about. It's understandable that Jesse wants to figure out how her sister died.