xii. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐞𝐲𝐞

"Okay, you're telling me Denmark Tanny decided to hide the cross here?" JJ asked in disbelief as they entered the old, abandoned church

"Did you know that if you hide things, sometimes your digestive system can feel off?" Skyler rose her eyebrows, walking behind Kie.

"Thinks that's a mental feeling, Sky." Pope said honestly.

"Everybody, just spread out." Kie encouraged. "Skyler, you're with me."

"Got it." she hummed, following her to one of the corners. "Why are we teaming up?"

Kie reached behind her jacket, pulling the multi color flannel from around her waist. "Here. It was at the chateau, figured I'd get it to you early."

Skyler gasped. "Kie, are you freaking kidding?"

"Yeah, well, I expect those shoes soon." she said as Skyler passed her the jacket she had, pulling the flannel on. "Like?"

"Love." sbe corrected with a grin. "How do I look?"

"Oh, just fantastic." she said dramatically.

"Okay, well, if I was a cross and wanted to be hidden in an old church, where would I hide?" John B spoke out loud in questioning.

"Are you sure that Denmark hid the cross here, Pope?" JJ spoke up in questioning, "Like, are we at the right church?"

"It's gotta be here somewhere, guys." Pope shook his head, standing at the alter.

"What if we have to push a secret button or, like, okay, like a..a certain chord, and then all of a sudden, the ground beneath us reveals the catacombs or something on which we stand?" JJ spoke up as he looked down at the ground, standing near the piano.

"It's not an escape room." Kie rolled her eyes.

"It's gotta be in here!" Pope snapped suddenly.

"Sorry. I'm sorry." JJ rose his hands in defense.

"I can't see where they'd hide a giant cross here." John B said, taking note of the lack of hiding spots around them.

"To the naked eye, most things are hard to see at first." Skyler hummed as she looked around. "You have to use your third eye."

"Third eye?" JJ gave her a frightened look.

"No, no. There's no way he would set us up on a freaking goose chase that would lead us to a church that has nothing." Pope stressed as he threw his arms around, eyes wide.

"Yes, I get it. I don't know what to tell you, man." John B shook his head.

"The clues led us here. The cross is in this church." Pope repeated as if he was talking to a three-year-old.

"Pope, it'll be all right." John B stated as Pope threw himself onto one of the benches, "We've had setbacks in the past, and we figured it out."

"Yeah, just clear your senses first." Skyler encouraged, inhaling and exhaling. "Let's all do it."