FAQS

🌺When does the Spring Fiesta start?

The official contest launch is on April 2nd, with the start of the Short-Story Contest!

🌺Where can I find the prompts?

You can find the prompts in the Short Story Contest chapter.

🌺Do we need to follow prompts for the short story?

Yes! You would have to write your entry in accordance to the given prompts, though you have the liberty to mix 2 or more prompts.

🌺Where do I submit my story?

All entries to the short story contest should be submitted through this FORM

🌺Am I allowed to mix/blend the prompts?

Yes, you are allowed to mix and blend two or more prompts. Though remember to mention the prompts you have used in the submission form.

🌺Should my entry be marked complete?
Yes, your entry should be marked complete in order to be eligible for the short-story contest.

🌺 Can I submit an already published story?

No, you're entry must be published on or after 2nd April, 2022 (02-04-2022). We want to inspire writers to write a brand new stories in the span of two months based on the suggested prompts.

🌺Can I submit more than one entry?

We would like to give everyone a chance to winning, therefore one user submitting only one entry is suggested.

🌺What is the contest period?

Spring Fiesta will officially span from 2nd April 2022 to 31st May 2022, 11:59 PM EST the entire timeline would be divided into various contests and activities.

🌺Can I slightly modify the prompt like gender, location etc.,?

The prompts have been kept quiet open and wide to fit every genre and other aspects of a story with the only requirement of using a magical element. Therefore it's suggested to not modify the prompts.

🌺Can I write short stories to cover the word count?

The contest requires participants to write a story with minimum word count of 5,000 words and a maximum of 10,000 words. Therefore writing standalone short stories to cover the word count won't be eligible.

🌺Is it necessary for the story to have a magical element in it?

Yes, it is necessary to use a magical element in whichever way you deem fit.

🌺Can I write fanfic?

Yes, you can write fanfic. We welcome entries from all genres.

🌺Can I choose my own genre?

Yes, you can choose your own genre.

🌺Can I submit stories with a mature theme?

Yes, you can, as long as it follows the Content Guidelines of Wattpad, mature entries are accepted.

🌺How will the entries be judged?

Stories are judged on various factors, such as written quality (spelling, punctuation, and grammar), originality, and engagement (how much we enjoyed the read).

🌺Does my entry have to be written in English?

Yes, we will only accept stories written in English for this contest. Though we wish to broaden our language entries  in the future

🌺Is LGBTQ allowed?

Yes, it is.

🌺How many chapters can we publish?

You can write as many chapters as you want!

🌺Is the word count for each chapter?

No, the word count is for the whole story.

🌺What is the point of the view of the prompt?

You can choose any point of view for your entry.

🌺Do I need to publish the entry as a new book or can it be in an existing anthology?

The entry must be published as a standalone story.

🌺How old do I need to be to enter the contest?

You need to be 13 or older to enter the contest.

🌺Can I co-write?

Yes, but please note that the profile with the published entry will be added to the Winners reading list.

🌺Can I only participate in the short-story contest?

No, we would be having other activities and contests so you can definitely participate in those as well.

🌺What other contests can I participate in?

You can participate in the Poetry Contest and Drabble Contest as well.

🌺Where can I find the Poetry Contest?

The Poetry contest will be published on 1st May, 2022. So stay tuned for the notification.

🌺Where can I find the Drabble Contest?

The Drabble Contest will be published on 16th May, 2022. Stay tuned for the notification.

🌺What all other activities/contests will be held?

Please stay tuned to be updated as and when the activities and contests are released.

🌺Is it mandatory to use the participant sticker and hashtag?

No, using the participant sticker and hashtag isn't mandatory but you can use those if you want to.

🌺Where can I find the participant sticker?

You can find the participant sticker HERE.

🌺Will prologues, epilogues, author's note etc., count towards the word count?

Only literary materials count towards word count. So prologues, epilogues, etc., will count towards the word count; but author's note etc., will not.

🌺When will the winners be announced?

You can find the contest schedule details in the Schedule chapter.

🌷🐥☀️🍦