章 X: Thank You Treat

[Chapter 10]

[Chapter 10]

(This chapter will feature Cynthia's point of view)

"What do I really want is for you to regain your memories back."

My eyes widen in great shock. Did I misheard what he said? He wants my  memories back? Except for the fact, how did he knew about it? I never told him about anything related to that?

He suddenly turned back and didn't faced me. What's wrong with him? I thought that...

"What did you say?" I asked him.

Before he could answer, I suddenly remember something.

"You look so familiar."

I can clearly remember how I held his face a while ago, and muttered those words. That could be the reason why he said that. I sighed deeply, and gave him an apologetic look.

"U-uh, nevermind---"

"I know that you had an amnesia. And you're still suffering from it."

My jaw dropped. My lips parted. How did he knew about me having an amnesia?!

I was startled, to the point that I became speechless.

"B-before everything else, I asked my sister everything about you," he immediately defended himself on whatever am I thinking right now. "She accidentally spilled that you lost your memories."

He suddenly became uneasy. His gestures are far different from what he was earlier. But, I trust and I believe in him. I still want to see if he's telling the truth.

"I'm not in the right place to tell you this, but..." Joaquin seems sincere as he was talking to me. This topic is something that is confidential as I was always avoiding it. "But, can you tell me what happened?"

I just blinked, and didn't answer him.

"W-what do I mean is, can you share some? If you just like or feel comfortable to. I'm just curious." He added.

I sighed. I'm still wondering on why he knew some things about me. And he's still asking for some. Is he trying to knew me better? The truth on why I didn't answer him earlier, is because I was astonished.

"Okay, I'm going to tell you a very sensitive story about myself. I take a deep breath and face him straight in the eye. "Only, if you will keep it as a secret. My family, friends and you are the only one who knows. Alright?"

He nodded without hesitation. I sighed for the nth time. I already lost count on how many I sighed. Itook one potato chips that he gave me. I thanked him, and he just responded with a smile.

"Y-you're right, I have an amnesia... dissociative amnesia to be exact." My voice cracked as I stammered. His eyes filled with not curiousity... but interest, and...