𖥻PROLOGUE

WEDNESDAY 3:55 PMmarch 25th

WEDNESDAY
3:55 PM
march 25th

As you and maki had finally finished shopping for a few things for the new apartment maki and you were going to share. you decided to visit yuta for a bit before heading out to decorate.

As you unlocked the door with the spare key he had given you, you walked in with maki right behind you to see rika's coat on the couch.

you frowned as your heart dropped, thoughts were rushing throughout your head while you walked over to yuta's bedroom. you peaked through the crack of the door to see your own best friend, rika pull yuta into a kiss.

a kiss. no wonder he was nowhere near over her, and no wonder he had been so distant since the moment he asked you to be his girlfriend.

you dropped your purse in shock and rika pulled away to see you standing by the doorway, rika had that smirk of hers you've always hated since the two of you were younger.

maki quickly pulled your wrist trying to pull you out of the current situation making sure you wouldn't cause any harm to rika due to how you don't think before you say or do anything.

you were able to escape from makis grip and opened the bedroom door. "what the actual fuck rika? what the fuck happened to respecting boundaries?" you spat at rika while glancing at yuta whom seemed as shocked as she was by the way you were reacting. which was very self explanatory.

"you do realize he doesn't love you right?" you knew he didn't, but you didn't want to hear it from her.

you slapped her while maki came in to your defense and pulled you back while yuta pulled
rika away from you.

"you stupid bitch, i shouldn't have ever met you."
you shouted at rika while maki walked you out the room, you picked up your purse and grabbed the other things you were holding and walked out biting back tears.

your own boyfriend let himself get kissed by the female he told you not to worry about, the girl you've known since the both of you were six.

the girl you were always compared to. the girl who tried to make yuta seem like a competition since the day you both met him at the playground.

after that incident, you held a huge grudge against rika. you even broke up with yuta but got back with him due to how much he had been apologizing and you didn't want to ruin the friend group. at all.

it always felt like competition when it came to fighting for your boyfriends love. always.

you and him were always off and on, although you had your sweet moments where the two of you seemed like the happiest couple and seemed perfect for each other. He still had his flaws, quite bad ones at that.

You knew he didn't love you as more than a best friend, but the feeling of feeling loved and needed was something you craved most of the time. He made it seem as if he was truly in-love with you and gave you the perfect amount of attention that you needed in all honestly. But the same went for him, you made him feel needed and wanted.

so what was so toxic about the whole relationship besides knowing each other's intentions?

he, he loved  his childhood friend. he was completely blinded by love as they all say. he was in-love with rika, and not even you can compare as you realized the way he looked at her and talked to her wasn't the same way he seemed to have treated you.

all you ever wanted was yuta to reciprocate his feelings in the same manner you wanted them to be reciprocated. you wanted him to mean everything he did for you and to you.

but in the end, she'll always be number one. whether you tried to be the best you can be for him, be the girl you weren't all for his love.

you couldn't seem to wrap your head around about what she had, and you didn't. it was your midnight thoughts and general thoughts. rika would always be yutas first choice, you were just the second due to her not reciprocating his feelings back.

- unedited