I drew you

"hey man"

fritz whipped his head around to meet the fond gaze of his best friend

"hi Jeremy"

it was always a pleasure for fritz to see Jeremy's face but today something seemed a bit off, he stood meekly and radiated shy energy, not bouncing off the walls or jumping for physical attention, something that fritz had grown to know and love.

Before he could stop himself his mouth opened, words flooding from his lips "Is something wrong Jeremy?"

The blonde boy's eyes slightly widened and darted around the room, his mouth opened but nothing came out, the words caught in his throat.

fritz tracked Jeremy's hand as it slowly reached into his front pocket, the shorter boy almost flinching as he pulled out a small box,

"I made you something" a nervous smile materialized on Jeremy's soft face, one hand holding the box t'ward fritz, eyes focused somewhere else entirely. Jeremy's little faces never failed to make fritz's heart flutter.

"What is it?"

fritz tuned out whatever Jeremy was trying to say, he tuned out the AC gently blowing, and the bustling of people outside

the only thing he could focus on was the box.

He was entranced with awe, a tiny flat purple box with a velvety texture topped with an even purple-er silk ribbon gracefully tied into a little bow, a gift? just for him? Fritz felt his face slightly heat up, his heart beat faster, and a smile threaten the corners of his lips.

"Well I... I drew you" Jeremy chuckled nervously, he was resisting giving into his fight or flight, mainly flight,

"what if he doesn't like it? what if he's weirded out? what if he doesn't want to be my friend anymore?" His thoughts were cut short when Jeremy suddenly felt soft hands gently grazing his own. Both of their eyes met then parted once more, leaving them both flustered, Jeremy felt the

present leave his grip, he listened wholeheartedly as fritz untied the bow, carefully opened it, and unfolded the paper inside. Silence ensued, then

"I..."

Jeremy's eyes fluttered open, not even realizing that they were snapped shut as the anticipation cut through him like a knife. He glanced at fritz to gauge a reaction, (although he generally isn't great at that) and he was met with love filled eyes and the goofiest shit eating grin he ever saw, Jeremy felt his little heart shatter into a million pieces, but in the best way possible. Tears poked at the edges of fritz's eyes when suddenly Jeremy felt himself buried in the crook of the brown haired boy's neck with long arms squeezing his body in a tight and adoring hug. Jeremy wanted to stay like this forever, the warmth of fritz's body up against his, the smell of his hair, stray chunks brushing up against the side of Jeremy's face, the feeling of a smile radiating off of his pink cheeks, the light thump of both of their hearts in sync, fritz's hands resting on Jeremy's back, clasped together tightly, fingers intertwined, all without ruining the paper.

He wrapped his arms around fritz as well and traced tiny circles along his back, and fritz swore he saw stars at that moment, but alas, they had to part eventually.

fritz carefully folded the paper back the way it was and tenderly placed it in the box once again. As they finished their shift fritz mumbled one last thing,

"thank you."

(SLAYS TO SLAY I GUESS

comment pls lol)