Chapter One - And Only

It's precisely 5:05 AM when Kujou Sara, the great Tengu Warrior from the Almighty Shogun's army wakes from her sleep. Anyone who lives in the Kujou residence is already familiar with her morning routine: after waking up and getting dressed, she goes to the courtyard, takes five deep breaths and walks five laps around the courtyard. No surprise here. The first sun rays start to cast her imponent shadow across the Kujou residence's entrance, and Kamaji, Sara's adoptive brother and current head of the Kujou clan, stared outside the window to see the never-changing routine of the feared and respected Crowfeather Kaburaya. Even if everything around Sara has changed, maybe the tengu herself were making her own eternity after the events around the mysterious outlander Traveler and their flying companion changed the world as everyone used to see.

Kamaji stopped his thoughts as his sister entered the residence, with her fierce expression as always. It has always impressed the young man, how Sara kept her serious behavior even while out of the battlefield. Even so, he knows she's a good woman.

– Ah, good morning, brother. - Sara bowed as she arrived in the room, picking the front seat to the Head of the Clan. - You're quite early today, if I may say so. You're not usually awake at this time, early in the morning.

Sara was right. Kamaji's duties were obviously important, but he didn't need to get up with the sunrise, unlike Sara who would need to take a boat and go to the Kujou Encampment in Tatarasuna.

– Good morning, Sara.... Yes, you're right. It's just.... I need to solve some things, that's why I'm up this early. So, you're going to Tatarasuna, right? Yes, Masahito and you need to train the Shogunate army forces.

Yes, he really needed to solve some things. Things like a secret date with Hiiragi Chisato, the daughter of the head of Kanjou Commission. Even after the end of the Vision Hunt Decree and the Sakoku Decree, Hiiragi Shinsuke still disapproved Kamaji as her daughter's best suitor. Maybe some things weren't supposed to change, as he was standing in front of the biggest enforcer of Eternity herself as proof.

And it was because of this very belief that Kujou Kamaji almost choked on his tea when Sara answered him a very straightforward:

– No. - Keeping the most neutral face, she allowed Kamaji to take his time and regain his breath.

– I beg your pardon?

– I'm not going today for the Encampment. I have some private issues I need to solve before anything.

As Sara served herself with five mouthfuls of rice, Kamaji thought that something was very, very wrong. In absolutely no conditions, Sara would miss a training day. Could it be some sort of special matter that the Shogun herself delivered in the hands of the Tengu Warrior? No, that was very unlikely to be the case. Sara claimed more than once that she barely sees the Shogun in person. Maybe a request from Guuji Yae Miko? But why would the Shrine Maiden ask for anything from the Tenryou Commission when every single cultural aspect of Inazuma is the responsibility of Lord Kamisato?

– So, what are your plans for today?

– Unfinished business after the end of the war between the Shogunate and Watatsumi troops.

Now that was more like the Sara he knew. Straight to the point. He sighed, in relief, and adjusted the glasses on his face. As she got up from the table and cleaned up her breakfast utensils, Kamaji smiled at her as she walked at the door.

– Take care on your way, right?

She kept in silence for a moment or two, but smirked and waved goodbye, making her way down to the first of many pit-stops in her journey As the street stores started to open and the smell of the restaurants invaded the streets, Sara took the stairs down to Hanamizaka, making her first stop at Yae Publishing House. Kuroda saw as Kujou Sara approached, bowing as she read the big announcement regarding Miss Hina's fan meeting.