But what happened?..

{3rd person}
.
.
.
Hinata went for the ball. As it flew towards him, he locked his eyes on the ball and threw his arms back. He jumped, smacking his hand against the ball. He landed and saw the ball fly over his head as the whistle was blown.

He thought he had it. He walked over to the benches and took a big gulp of water that Kiyoko had handed him.

The score was 14-21. It wasn't looking good for them. There was 2 minutes 45 seconds left in the last set. Each team had already won 1. This set decided who was going to finals.

The last couple of days his knee had been bothering him. Kageyama had yelled at him enough to buy a knee brace but it hasn't really been helping. It was affecting his form. He couldn't bend his knee fully and it angered him.

He was so fed up with it.
"Stupid brace..." Hinata mumbled as he peeled off the velcro straps from one another.

"Let's go guys!!" Ukai yelled at everyone to get back in position.

The whistle blows and the game begins..

The team was very different. They had been losing now that there was new people on the team. It was weird without the seniors. The core of the team was gone. Hinata and everyone else was upset about it but they couldn't do anything. All they COULD do was be the best that they could.

The ball was flying over the net like lightning, everyone was panting, arms and hands were red, but they couldn't stop. There was only 1 minute left. That minute means everything.

The other team had only gotten one point so far. The scale was now 18-22. A 4 point difference. They would need to stop the other team from getting any points whatsoever as well as get 7 points in that 1 minute. That was almost impossible.

But Hinata believed in his team. They had already made it this far right?

50 seconds..

35 seconds..

20 seconds..

15 seconds...

"KAGEYAMA!" Hinata yelled while running towards the net.

He knew he could do it. His team only needed 1 more point. If they didn't get this the other team would win.

He threw his arms back, planted his feet into the ground like tree roots, that ball was going to hit the ground. It had to.

The ball smacked against his hand, the crowd silent. Everyone in suspense.
.
.
.
.
.
The ball flew to the other side. The other team just sat there staring at where it had smacked the floor.

Everyone in the crowd cheered. The team yelled, running over to where Hinata was, ready to congratulate him. But he had other plans...

They gathered in a circle staring down at him, everyone went silent..

Ukai ran over, confused. He shoved through the boys hovering over Hinata.

Who lied on the floor holding his knee, tears staining his shirt.

"MEDIC!" Ukai yelled shooing everyone off and away.

Kageyama walked over but soon walked away. He couldn't watch his only friend in pain.

"You're going to be ok kid.." Ukai said while looking around for the medic