𝐬𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐞

WARNINGS: depictions of violence, mentions of assault, alcohol abuse
—————————————————————

"This is a joke, right?"

Maddy Perez, the strongest and boldest person you know, was about to get back together with her abusive ex.

"What?"

"Maddy, you were sobbing in my arms for three hours last night about him and now you're telling me that you want to go back to him?"

"Is there something wrong with that?"

"Maddy, he put his hands on you! He threw you into a trailer by your neck!"

"He was just in a bad mood! He's a good person!"

"Jesus, Maddy. He really has brainwashed you, hasn't he? He choked you! He's abusing you!"

"This is none of your business!"

"None of my business? Remind me again who's arms you were crying in last night? There are better people out there for you. Certainly better than Nate."

"Like who?"

"Like me! For the love of God, Maddy, me! I love you! Nate doesn't! If you think that someone who repeatedly hurts you loves you, then you are delusional."

"This is the first time it's gotten this bad!"

"Maddy, please. Stop standing up for him! He's not good for you!"

"Go away! Leave me alone! Get out!"

"For once in your life, Maddy, let someone actually love you. Let me love you."

"Get out of my house! Stay out of my life!"

She threw your bag right at your chest, you stumbled back from the force. A screaming match with your best friend wasn't on your schedule for today.

You were emotionally distraught, tears streaming down your face. Mascara running down Maddy's face as she continued throwing things at you.

You looked over to your right onto Maddy's dresser. There lied a picture of the two of you at a party, your arm hooked around her neck and kissing her cheek. Her sitting in your lap and laughing.

You gazed back up at Maddy, who's mascara was running, hair a mess, and fuming. You grabbed the picture off of her dresser and threw it right at her feet, the glass shattering. You snatched your bag up and sprinted out of her house and rode away as fast as you could on your bike.

Your eyes were growing increasingly more foggy from the tears so you pulled over on the side of the road and tossed your bike on the grass. You fell to your knees with a sob and cried. You just screwed up the best thing that ever happened to you.

It was a shame that you were madly in love with her as well.

Maddy stared at the picture on her floor, surrounded by glass shards spread across her carpet. She hadn't bothered to clean her room after the fight, she simply crawled onto her bed and sobbed.