Chapter 1

Chile, if anyone would have told me that I'd one day work in a place where the employees were difficult to distinguish from the patient population I would have laughed so hard! Surely I'm always looking for an opportunity to tell them they have no idea what they were talking about, until I looked around one day and realized that's exactly where I work. It all started when I decided it's time to step out and go to a larger place with more exposure and what I thought was more opportunity to expand at my current level in my profession, however, I realized there was no expanding room where I am unless I went back to school and got a higher degree but, for the time being I was happy where I was. For that matter I decided to give it a try and to do my best and to be the best person I could be and the best teammate I could be where I was. Of course not everyone likes you, not everyone congratulates you, celebrates or even loves you! I believed I had friends who wouldn't turn their back on me who wouldn't treat me bad who wouldn't lie on me or take me down the path of pain. Chile I was wrong, they were paving the pain path right behind my back the whole time....... dirty snakes. I remember being so excited to have the opportunity to work in such a prestigious place and to be apart of something that seemed like it was so wonderful and so positive and so awesome and work with people who had The same mindset of making a difference, being a team, and looking out for each other. I put my best foot forward; I was at work on time mostly, I was late only a couple of times but who isn't late every now and then? especially when you're on a six-month probation. I quickly learned that if you had a paper trail and that paper trail made it look like you were attempting to do something that was good you were good but if you had someone who had ulterior motives trying to get you caught up that paper trail can mess you up. I began to watch more carefully and the things I saw happening to people around me was messed up. It started with me hearing about people being investigated for racism and investigated for favoritism, for telling the patient no instead of giving in to every request they had no matter how ridiculous it was! Once again I thought I was safe I thought I had people around me who were like-minded who all shared the same vision of making a difference and who I talk to about intimate things and they share things with me as well that I thought intimate, then all of a sudden I get the wind knocked out of me when I realize that no one is really looking out for me they are looking out for themselves their agendas and their pets. It didn't make a difference that I am good at what I do, I am thorough at what I do and meticulous when I do it, of course no matter how meticulous you are as a human you're still going to error which I did and owned up to it and did what I had to do to overcome and be better. Still observing my own self and noticing the culture of the place I work I begin a notice that there were other people who didn't do things at all or partly by the book, not saying I followed every little rule and regulation but I did what I was supposed to do and didn't short cut it but, when you work in a facility a large one that deals with people who are not mentally fit for the most part and not all of them should be there because they're getting over on the system. Most of them have different personalities and behaviors that's you begin to realize that time is not on your side because at any moment a bomb could go off.

Thank you for checking out my story, this is my first one and I'm sure it's going to be a painful process at times. This is a short introduction and I'm hoping to get longer chapters as I progress.