Audition Ready?

(CLICK PHOTO FOR FULL VIEW)

I stood in the middle of the room, my heart pounding, and Daniel walked in through a door off to the left. He saw me and immediately winked, giving me an encouraging smile.

Stepping toward us, Jeff Davis took our scripts from us and put them in his back pocket. "Good luck, Tessalyn Thalia Tucker." He stepped through a glass door and I felt my heart beat rising. My mind raced with horrible ideas of getting rejected once again. My palms started to get really sweaty, and I wiped a bead of perspiration off my forehead.

I fixed my hair with anxiety as Daniel put a hand on my shoulder comfortingly, without anyone noticing.

It didn't help; my heart was now pounding uncomfortably in my throat. I looked into the glass window and searched for Hoechlin. My eyes landed on him, his eyes smiling and his face encouraging. Don't panic, he mouthed. He put his hands out, telling me to calm down. He motioned for me to take a deep breath, so I sucked in a huge gulp of air and slowly let it out.

My heart returning to normal speed, I turned to Daniel. "Good luck," he whispered, smiling crookedly at me.

"YOU MAY BEGIN!" Jeff shouted through the glass.

I took a step away from Daniel and took one last deep breath before starting. Clearing my throat, I let out a shrill scream that I had been practicing forever. It sounded perfect, full of pure terror, it's sound echoing off the walls.

At once, Daniel's head snapped up and he looked around frantically. "Allison?" He asked, scared stiff. He turned in a circle looking around. "Allison!" He yelled anxiously. He pretended to just be catching sight of me and he sprinted at me. "Allison!"

I turned to him and threw my arms around his neck. "Don't ever do that to me again." He said, his voice quivering.

"I-I'm sorry." I whispered, my voice cracking. "Please, don't leave me like that again." My voice sounded weak and feeble and I felt pride rising in my heat. I was doing great. Keep it up, Tessa, Hoechlin mouthed, catching my eye.

All of a sudden, Tyler Posey ran into the room, filling in for Charlie and Max Carver, who couldn't make it. "Ah," he said, smiling evilly. "There you are. Deucalion's been looking for you."

I shivered at his name, our worst enemy. "Isaac." I whispered. He just put a finger to his lips and pushed me behind his thick body.

"What do you want, Aiden?" Daniel asked irritably.

I sunk against Daniel's back, doing my best to look frightened and traumatized. "I need to capture you and bring you to my alpha. So, follow me."

I laughed. "Never," I spoke with bravery that I didn't feel.

Daniel shushed me, trying to step in front of me, but Tyler had already seen me. "Who do we have here?"

I stepped forward, holding my imaginary bow out at him. "I'll shoot you," I said abruptly.

Tyler chuckled. "Oh, that won't be necessary," he said. "Either come with me, or I kill you." He shrugged. "I think it's an easy decision."

"We'll die fighting you if we have to," said Daniel courageously.

Tyler smiled. "Wonderful. I love a good fight."

Daniel pretended to go werewolf mode and Tyler, playing as Aiden, pretended to morph into the giant alpha. Daniel lunged at him, only to be flung to the side. He landed on the mats set up in the corner.

Tyler leapt at me, but I spun to the side and pretended to plant an arrow in his stomach. He howled in pain and threw himself at me. But Daniel stepped in the way, pretending to claw Tyler in the face.

Tyler growled in pain and Daniel side stepped him, only to pretend to stab him with his claws. Screaming, Tyler fell to the ground. As his body crumbled, he slashed upward, his imaginary claws falsely sinking into my stomach.

I gasped and screamed, as Tyler lay limp and lifeless. I started to crumple to the ground, but, looking awestruck, Daniel put out his arms and caught my body.

He guided me to the ground, laying me in his lap. "Allison," he squeaked, his voice filled with sadness.

"We beat him," I said, shuddering. I made my body twitch, pretending to cough up blood.

"Yes, yes we did." Daniel said, fake tears streaming down his face. Man, he was a good actor.

Now came the hard part for me: making myself cry. I put all the emotions of being left out at home, forgotten completely, my sister out performing me at everything, being treated like a slave and not existing into forcing tears to slip down my face.

I was so stunned and happy that it worked, that I had to contain my excitement in a wheezing cough.

"Isaac," I whimpered, my body trembling. "Beat-Deucalion-for me."

He shook his head. "No," he cried. "No, you'll be there with me. You're going to be fine."

I put my hand on his, bringing it to my slowing-down heart. Gasping for breath, I said, "I love you, Isaac Lahey."

Without thinking, I reached up with a trembling hand and pulled Daniel's face toward mine. Carefully, I gently pressed my lips to his, shivering from his touch. All my thoughts flooded from my mind, his lips having a lasting affect on me. This was amazing. Too bad it wasn't real.

Running out of breath, I pulled away and shuddered, letting my body fall limp in his arms. "No." He said quietly. "No! NOOOO!" His screams echoed throughout the room and I closed my eyes, lying as still as possible and holding my breath.