Episode 3: Night Pen

Night settled over Jurassic World, moonlight slipping through the large windows. Most of the campers were asleep, most. Darius was staring out the window, seeing the lights on in the distance.

He wanted to go see dinosaurs and knew that the compy pen would be good for a first place. He's here to see dinosaurs! So he can't just wait for tomorrow, not when there's a whole park filled with them!

He quietly jumped off of the bed, not seeing the empty bed of his bunk mate. Darius snuck out the rooms and into the common room; suddenly gasping as the light clicked on. "Oh hey there Dino-nerd. Whatcha doing, huh?"

Kenji spoke, the bluenette turning from the balcony at hearing the voices and seeing the lights. His fingers leaving his strings as he stood up, the guitar strapping on his back as he leaned against the doorframe.

"Uh nothing! I was just- uh- heading out 'cause... thirsty?" He tried to come up with an excuse, Kenji pointing to the water in the corner. Darius sighed, rubbing back of his neck nervously. "Oh yea... I... I meant, um... hungry."

Kenji made his way over to the cabinet, tapping the door and Darius sighed. "Oh, heh, look at that... Thanks Kenji."

"Look bro, I don't want you to be intimidated by me just because I'm rich, my father owns a few condos on the island, and I'm rich." Monty scoffed, making Kenji jump at the new appearance. The rockstar walked over to the cabinet, taking out of the snacks from inside the cabinet. "Trust me Kenji, no one's intimidated by you. You got hit with your own bag in the first minute we met you; nothing intimidating with you."

"Ayo? You serious?" Kenji asked, spinning around to look at Monty who was sipping on a cup of water. Darius nodded in agreement. "Yea... I'm not intimidated by you either."

"Oh good, I just want all of us to be friends and friends tell each other stuff. For instance... what they're doing out of bed after curfew. What do you think?"

"I think you better get your arm off of me... Friend."

"Oh. Why don't you make me, friend?" There was a sound of a camera, the three males turning to look at Brooklyn who was standing with Bella. Brooklyn hummed, looking at her phone. "Huh... So that's what toxic masculinity looks like."

"Uh, sorry we woke you. I-" Darius tried to explain, feeling guilty that he possibility woke up someone. Kenji pushed him back, Monty rolled his eyes at seeing Kenji trying to brag. "He was sneaking out, but I set him straight. Look, I try to look out for the younger kids. It's who I am."

"You guys don't understand. I've been waiting my whole life to get here and I'm gonna make the most of it. Those lights must be coming from the compy enclosure. I gotta check it out!" Darius explained, looking at the two. Not wanting to get in trouble. Monty perked at hearing the words compy pen, wanting to see his little buddy he made before looking out the window at the direction the lights were coming from.

The driver took the compy in the other direction... Unless they're bad at direction, there's no way that's the compy pen.

"Sneaking out to see dinosaurs in the dead of night, mad danger of getting caught, great mood lightning." She was scrolling the screen, deciding while voicing her thoughts before smiling. "I guess that means... We're going rogue. Kapow!"

Monty sat back on the couch, guitar in his lap as he was playing it softly. He uses his own music to calm him down sometimes and lets him fall asleep easier. There were soft footsteps and Yaz looked at Monty. "Did I wake you?"

"How did you-"

"Hearing is what I do hear, I always have to listen for even the slightest off pitch in any song and on any instrument. But it's improved my daily hearing." Monty explained while Yaz made her way to sit down in a chair and watch Monty. "What is it?"