Chapter: 3

"Aright, Rae, you may go to your room. I need to have a talk with your sister. Alone." He said sternly, putting some spell books back into a shelf.

Aurora fiddled with her thumbs, nervous. "I can explain what happened!"

"I don't want to hear your excuses. What I want is for you to sit there and listen quietly." He ordered her.

She sighed, nodding.

He cleared his throat. "I am extremely disappointed in you, this is not the child I raised. I don't know where this is coming from, but I want no part of it in my house." He tried suppressing his anger.

"But it wasn't my fault!" She accidentally spat out, instantly regretting it.

"DID I NOT JUST TELL YOU TO SIT THERE AND LISTEN QUIETLY?" He screamed, but quickly cleared his throat once again. "If I wanted your opinion on the matter, I would ask you. But I do not want your feedback, understood?"

She nodded.

"Alright, you may go to your room. I better not hear anymore about this fighting issue at school." He warned her.

"Wait, I need you to sign my test, Mr. Wilson said we needed them signed." Aurora said, remembering her test.

"Did he now?"

"Yeah, he said if we didn't get them signed he'd give us a zero on the assignment."

"Im not signing it." He said. "Let this be a lesson for you, to not get into fights."

"What?! But..but I spent an entire week studying for that test!" She cried out.

"What did I JUST SAY ABOUT BACKTALK? Her father exploded. "Go to your room, and don't come out until dinner time."

Tears forming, she ran up the basement stairs and to her room. She slammed the door, and fell face first into her pillow.

"It's not fair! It's not fair! It's not...fair!" She threw her pillow to the ground.

She weeped quietly, hugging her pillow.

"This was all stupid Adrien's fault! This never would have happened if he knew how to shut his mouth up!" Aurora thought you herself, her hands curling into a fist.

Hot tears fell out of her eyes, streaming down her face, and falling into her pillow. As she laid there, she had an idea.

She jumped up from her bed and walked out her bedroom, glancing at the bathroom door. Her brother always showered after training sessions (and made sure to take all the hot water).

Sure enough, the shower was running. Aurora opened his door, searching for the spell book. As she searched his room, she finally found it shoved under his bed.

She pulled it out and quickly snuck it back in her room, making sure not to get caught by her father.

Sitting on her bed, she flipped through the pages, and finally came across a bad luck curse. She smiled, putting a bookmark in the page for later.

                  TO BE CONTINUED