Chapter Nine: never leave you lonely

✧︎

✧︎

      "FUCK, REMEMBER THIS PASSWORD." Peter stood in front of Miles crouching down to his level, he got up in his face, "D-G-F-A-M-P-E-S-A-N-D—" Miles panicked. Almost tripping over his feet he shook his head.

How was he supposed to remember all of this??

"Slow down!" Miles exclaimed but Peter kept on going, "4$-3-5-8-7-6-5-3-4-5-3-5." You originally pulled out your phone to type in the password because there was no way Miles was going to remember all of that, was this man crazy? Yes, most definitely.

But by the time he got to 's,' it dawned on you. You didn't need the password to be written down. What that meant for you, unfortunately, you had to tune back in and listen to what Peter was saying.

Miles frantically pulled out his phone, "I need to write it down!" Peter just pushed his hands out of the way just as he held up his phone. "Download the schematic!"

Miles was a mess and Peter was being a frantic asshole. He was asking to much of him and he knew it. Shoving the flash drive in Miles's hand he lets go of your hand to catch it. And you look down at yourself as you become visible again, "Miles!" He looks over at you his face shining with fear reaching for you but it's too late.

You groan in annoyance.

Peter looks over to you as the doors open, revealing Olivia. You can't read Peter's facial expression but you just know he's upset. "Why can I see you?!" He exclaimed but you just shrug with a look on your face showing him it's out of your control.

"Because you have eyes."

He wouldn't admit it, not ever. Not to you of course, but he didn't want anything to happen to you, you're just a kid. This was one of the times he didn't know what to do and he just stared at you mouth agape.

"Spider-Man? And uh... random teenager?" Olivia said breaking your intense eye contact. Peter spins around trying to be as smooth and vague as he can be. "Oh, hey. Didn't see you there." Putting his hands on his hips he looks over to Olivia blocking you from her line of sight.

The woman gasped in astonishment shocked and confused, it was once you heard that gasp that you knew she was pretending. She knew Spider-Man was dead, what was her motive? You crossed your arms and sized the women up unamused.

"Wow. Okay, I'm kinda freaking out right now. I mean, you're supposed to be dead!" And there it is. Anyone could tell she was a horrible liar, right? She has to know Spider-Man is dead, this was a gimmick.

This woman is the one that's been working on the collider so she knew what it did, meaning she knows that there are different versions of people in your reality, this was all an act.