Chapter One

"Fuck." Koa's fists tensed against the steering wheel.

The car sat where it always did. At the end of the drive in the empty mansion, not running to avoid suspicion. The blacked-out Mercedes SUV was top of the line, having every upgrade imaginable. In some neighborhoods, it might stick out. In this one though, it was meant for blending in.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," he hissed, beating his hands against the wheel now with every word.

The deep tint of the windows obscured his vision only slightly. It didn't affect his ability to see through the gap in the manicured hedges. They were coming and she was inside.

He adjusted the seat, pulling up from the spot where he'd been laid back for the past four hours. Glancing up in the rearview, he caught a glimpse of his dark eyes, dark brows, and even darker circles below. His target was an early riser, forcing him to keep to their schedule.

There wasn't time to be tired now though. The Armada were on their way. Even if he hadn't made out the silver patches on the backs of their leathers, he recognized a few of their members. The bastards were crazy. Riding up on their Harleys, they didn't care if they stood out.

No. They wanted to be seen. They wanted Maxwell LaRoche to know they were coming for him and his family.

"Fuck," Koa hissed one more time, running fingers through his sandstone curls. He was going to have to take the girl, that much he knew.

Get a room ready. He tugged the burner from his pocket and sent a text to King, his brother. He couldn't risk anything being traced back to himself or the club.

His phone vibrated with a response as three men paced at the end of her drive. Cracking their knuckles, they watched and waited as if looking for a sign. Stepping from the car, Koa pulled up his black hood and tugged on dark sunglasses. He rolled his eyes at his brother's response, all he sent back was a devil-horned emoji... leave it to the prince of darkness to be excited right now.

Slinking along the row of hedges that stretched well above his six four frame, Koa tried to hide amidst the burning blaze of the Florida sun. At high noon, it seemed more like a beacon in the sky, calling attention to the stalker in black. It didn't matter though, he needed to get to her before they did.