Chapter 1- The beginning

~(Y/n)'s pov

I had arrived in Hurricane the day before and was already installed in a hotel, where I would stay for a few weeks. I was walking through the streets of the city, I wanted to know some points of reference before starting my research, everything there was very different from the city where I was born and raised in Brazil, but I knew I would be there for a short period of time, just the days needed to complete my research on a criminal case that took place in the 1980s and still had no solution. My idea was to write a book about this strange case and maybe find an ending to that story.

I walked into a coffee shop, I was hungry, that would be my first meal of the day. I ordered from a waitress who looked a few years older than me. She jotted down what I wanted quickly and hurried away.

While waiting, I decided to take some notes, took my cell phone out of my pocket and started to raise some points about the series of crimes that took place in a small pizzeria, very famous in that city at the time. The name of the place was Freddy Fazbear's pizza, but even with the fame during the 80's, information about the place was scarce, it was almost as if they were trying to erase the records about the restaurant. Something that to me was even more suspicious and made me even more curious.

The victims were five children, who had simply disappeared without a trace, their bodies were never found and no one was ever arrested.

At that moment my food arrived, interrupting my notes, I thanked the waitress and before she could walk away I asked.

"Excuse me... Do you know where Freddy's Pizzeria was?"

The young waitress stared at me strangely, as if that question was the strangest thing she'd heard that day. She shook her head and walked away.

I shrugged, figuring I would have to ask older people.

After eating, I went back to walking around the city, and soon I found the library, that would be the place where I would start my research, and I was sure that would take a long time.

After a few hours walking around Hurricane, I decided to head back to the hotel, after all, it was almost dusk and it would be better to leave it to continue my research the next day.

I took a shower and went to bed, took some time to fall asleep, answered a few messages on my cell phone and watched a few movies before finally falling asleep. I can't say I had a restful sleep, my mind didn't want to relax, so I had some pretty restless dreams, fueled by everything I already knew about the Freddy's cases. In those dreams I was constantly running away from something that lurked in the shadows, I could never see who or what it was, I just knew that being was following me.

As soon as I woke up the next morning, I went to the hotel's restaurant, where I had a quick breakfast and then I left for my first day of research.

I went straight to the city library, chose one of the tables and turned on my notebook, where I created a new file where I would write my book, and even with the little information I had, I was organizing everything from what I had written on my cell phone in Last day.

About ten minutes later I had a little sketch of the first chapter, an introduction, where I talked a little bit about the city of Hurricane so I could get into the crime stuff.

I got up from the table and walked between the shelves, looking for where the old newspapers were, after a few minutes I found, in the back of the library, a huge file where the articles were organized by year and alphabetical order. I took the 1980s stories first, but there was nothing interesting there. I went to the next year and nothing. In 1982 I found several job advertisements for a pizzeria called Fredbear's Family Dinner, apparently it was a place similar to Freddy's, so I associated the name of both pizzerias. So I used my cell phone to take some pictures.

I had to admit, those ads were pretty cute, they all showed two characters drawn in the style of the time, a bear in a top hat and bow tie and a rabbit in a waistcoat and bow tie who were smiling, and out of their mouths came a speech bubble similar to the ones in stories. comic strip where the ad was written.

So I moved on to the next year; 1983, and there I found the first news of a murder. A three-year-old girl named Charlotte Emily had been found dead in front of the pizzeria with multiple knife wounds. Her father was Henry Emily, the owner of the place. The news didn't go into much depth, but it made it clear that the police still didn't have any suspects, as the crime had taken place during a rainy night.

My eyes darted over the weather-yellowed page of the newspaper, where there was a picture of Charlotte before the incident. The little girl smiled at the camera in a playful pose, while holding a rag doll. Right next to it was a picture of her father, Henry, accompanied by another man. The photo's caption said that that was her partner, William Afton. I watched them for a moment, Henry was shorter and thinner than his colleague and had an almost distracted look, while William was fat and smiling, I couldn't deny it, he was handsome and seemed like a nice person. At that moment I found myself wondering if they were both still alive or if they still lived in the city. I could look them up and maybe even interview them about that case.

My thoughts were interrupted by a forced cough that sounded right behind me. Looking back I came across a young man who looked to be only a few years older than me, with messy brown hair with a short beard and green eyes. seemed willing to help me

The boy then smiled and said.

"I see you are interested in these newspapers, but what exactly are you looking for?"

It took me a few moments to respond, after all I had been taken by surprise.

"Well...I'm researching several cases of child disappearances that took place in the 80's."

The boy nodded.

"Oh yes... The Freddy's case, right?" He said arching an eyebrow with an air of strangeness, I shook my head and the man continued.-Look, this case is very dark, there is not much information and the people here at city ​​doesn't even like to talk about this subject, but if you are so interested in this subject I can help you, I was born here and I've heard some rumors about these crimes.-The boy paused briefly- By the way, my name is Andrew, but you can call me Andy." He smiled again and extended his hand politely.

"I'm (Y/n) (Your last name)" I shook Andy's hand and asked "Does the Fredbear's case have anything to do with Freddy's?"

"Well, it's hard to say..." He ran his hand through his hair "What I know is that both pizzerias were owned by the same owners."

I nodded, already starting to link one case to the other in my mind. Andrew then commented.

"But if you want the Freddy's case, try looking in the newspapers from 1985" The man pointed to one of the numerous drawers nearby.

"Oh sure." I gave a little smile.

"If you need anything else, you can call me." He returned the gesture and I thanked him.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

So the boy walked away, returning to his work in the midst of that infinity of books.