II

~Iyori's Point Of View~

     Iyori gazed out at the fog, reminiscing about abstract things. She quickly became bored of her idle position and decided to take a stroll. She walked for hours, enjoying the sound of her flats slapping against the hardwood floor. She blinked, and became aware that she'd been lost in a daze the whole time she was walking, and had forgotten to track her turns and twists through the seemingly endless mansion.

      Placing one slender hand against the mahogany of a door to her right, she emerged into another labyrinth of hallways. Suddenly, she heard footsteps, skipping at a rapid pace down the carpeted hall. Iyori clutched her hands to her chest and waited. Eventually, the figure came around the corner. A short child, Iyori guessed about four feet, four inches. The child turned to Iyori, blinking.

     "Oh, hello," She said.

     "...Hi," Stated Iyori, confused.

     "I'm looking for a surface on which to paint my mural. You seem to have an... 'eye' for that type of thing, huh?" The child giggled.

     Iyori rolled her eye and began to follow the child.

     "I never got your name." Said the kid.

     "Iyori,"

     "I'm Dophie. Nice to meet you." Dophie continued forward, looking very important. The duo eventually came to an open stretch of wall, and Iyori tapped Dophie's shoulder.

     "Is this a good canvas?"

     "Yes! You're really good at finding them." Iyori watched in awe as Dophie turned the bland wall into a rippling explosion of colors, shapes, and sparkles. 

     "Wow!" Iyori exclaimed.

     "I know right? I'm kind of a pro." Said Dophie, smugly.

     "Can you tell me how to get back to the main hall?" Asked Iyori, sick of being lost. Dophie nodded and yanked the slender girl down the hallway, her stubby nails thankfully making no impression on her wrist.

     When the duo arrived in the foyer, Dophie wiggled her fingers in an awkward goodbye motion and skipped up to the dormitories. Iyori climbed up to her favorite windowsill and napped.

A/N: Again, short installment. I'm writing this at night, but I've got a scary larry part planned for tomorrow ;]