Burning Desire

Running, running and more running is what I mostly did around the forest. The forest was my home of residence seeing as I wasn't quite human, my upper body might resemble one but my lower part resembled a reindeer with 4 legs. Well that was what the humans called my lower body part but obviously I'm not a reindeer, I'm called a faun but humans don't believe in them seeing as we avoid humans as much as possible. I also had antlers on top of my head, since it was spring I still had them, though I usually shed them around winter season when it was time to migrate.

I was foraging in the forest for some food like usual until I saw a bunch of vines carefully propped up and placed with delicious looking berries on them. It was outside of the forest I was in but there seemed to be no humans around. It couldn't hurt to just grab some quickly and run off? It wasn't like nature's resources were owned by anyone right? Right.

I quickly trotted toward the grape vines and grabbed as much as I could hold. Suddenly my faun ears perked up as I heard footsteps slowly coming closer to where I was, welp it was time to run back to the forest with my spoil hehe! My legs began running with heavy thuds and my ears picked up the footsteps pick up speed, they must've heard me running away. Too bad I was already at the entrance of the thick forest! Quickly I entered the forest as I heard some humans shout "A reindeer!" Ugh for the last time, I'm not a reindeer but a faun!

In the safety of the forest I started eating the mysterious but juicy looking berries and oh my! These berries were so good! I have never found any quite like them among all the woodlands.

Week after week I started to come to the same vines where the juicy berries were. There were more humans than I expected, but I went and grabbed the berries when I couldn't see any humans nearby.

I went to the vines again but this time the berries were all gone! Except for some that were in a woven basket near the vines, should I take the opportunity and snatch some? They were just sitting there waiting for me to take them home hehe. I walked towards the basket and suddenly I could hear a snapping sound as I was nearing the berries. I was about to reach towards the basket, abruptly something heavy came from above me and trapped me inside. I was forced to let my lower body lay down as the net was dragging me down, my 4 legs also got tangled into the rope net as well.

Heavy big rocks and some jingling things were attached to the net I was now entangled in, the small round jingling things made such deafening noises whenever I tried to move. The net made out of rope was so strong that even I couldn't rip it apart and I had nothing to cut it with! My antlers didn't help either, they were sharp but I couldn't get a good position for them to cut the net.

"Master Diluc! The trap has been triggered!" I suddenly heard a human shout from nearby and multiple footsteps were approaching me quickly.

"Oh looks like we got the pesky creature that has stolen the grapes, shall we carve it's pelt Master Diluc?" I heard the same human that shouted from before, their voice came from behind me.

So the berries now known as grapes were owned by this Master Diluc? I knew the vines were too well placed and humans roamed nearby all the time but the berries were so good! Oh.... That means I stole them from this Master person... and now he wanted my hide!

"Ah excuse me, I think this is a huge misunderstanding" I spoke as I heaved my upper body upward. I heard the people gasp when I tried to stand up but the heavy rocks made it really difficult, I managed somehow.

I turned my torso around so I could get a good look at the humans, the one who stood out to me was a red haired human with dark clothes. When my human body turned around to look at him, he suddenly blushed and looked away.

"Get the net off and bring them a piece of clothing" The red haired man said and one human scurried off to somewhere while another took out a dagger and was approaching my flank.