eighteen

chapter eighteen:

Thyme was paranoid
———

Silence echoed throughout the school building followed by a cacophony of gasps. The on-viewers stood in shock at the scene that just occurred in front of them: Vinny had punched Thyme. Hard. Not only did he punch him but it was in his face of all places! Going against or harming anyone in F4 was unheard of and, unlike Lia, Vincent's presence wasn't exactly well known in Thailand. Thyme was the sweetheart of high society, he was the unattainable bachelor that others desperately wanted. Although he was undeniably attractive, Vinny wasn't the sweetheart of any high society. He was barley even known to the public and preferred to keep it that way

"Why did you do that?" Liliana asked just above a whisper. She couldn't deny that a part of her was glad that Thyme had the living daylights punched out of him. After all, she still didn't fully forgive him. But the other part of her was sympathetic towards her friend. Sure, they were going through a rough patch but she never wanted any physical harm to go his way.

Vincent seemed to realize the environment he was in because he immediately went down to the floor where Thyme was laying and checked to see if he was okay. To the eyes of everyone else, Vinny seemed remorseful. He was quite literally repeatedly muttering apologies with a concerned look in his eyes. To Thyme, Vincent was mocking him. He thought Vincent was an awful person for retaliating against him and punching him. He thought Vincent was mocking the fact that Lia only hung out with Vin. He thought that Vincent was trying to take everything away from him bit by bit. Thyme was paranoid and Vincent Genovese was at the center of it all.

As Vinny helped Thyme to his feet he whispered quietly in his ear, "Would you like me to send you useless items as an apology? No? Isn't that quite hypocritical of you, Mr. Thyme?,". In response Thyme sent him a glare only this time he seemed less intimidating due to the fact that he was still wincing in pain. Luckily, Vincent didn't do much damage to his face aside from his soon-to-be bruised left cheek.

"I apologize deeply for punching you in the face. I know I was in the wrong for that but I know for a fact that you deserved it,".

After the shit-show that took place in the cafeteria, Gorya and Kaning were back at the club where the photos were taken. They planned to figure out who set Gorya up and gather enough evidence to clear her name. Their plan soon went south once a bouncer began to question why two students in uniform were there.

"It's not just that you're students," argued the bouncer, "this place is only open for members. go home now," he said whilst shooting them away. Kaning happened to accidentally bump into a recognizable figure on her way out. It was none other than everyone's favorite playboy: Kavin.

"What are you doing Kavin? We're here to figure out who took the photos."

Kavin gave the two girls a suggestive smile, "I'm a member of this club and i'm here to have some fun. This place isn't for kids. Go home,".

"I'm not a kid!" Kaning protested, "I'm only two years younger,".

"It still makes you younger, chipmunk,".

And with that Kavin entered the club waving off the countless protests from the two girls with a soft smile on his face.

Thyme sat at the bar staring intensely at an empty glass. He couldn't help but be in deep thoughts about everything that had occurred in the past few days. Where did it all go wrong? First he essentially lost his friend, then the girl he was interested in turned out to be a call girl of some kind, and on top of everything he got punched in the face. "Thyme, you can't run from you problems forever," MJ stated. The boy was unresponsive and continued to study the cup in his hands. Eventually he threw it over his shoulder. Glass shatters adorned the carpet of the bar at the club. But Thyme didn't care and instead asked for another drink.

"Everyone!" announced MJ, "My friend doesn't feel good right now so order anything you want to drink or eat. It's on me". The club cheered and clapped at his statement but MJ was more focused on Thyme. He knew very well that his friend was definitely plotting something and it wasn't going to be good.

A semicircular couch housed Kavin and two other girls. Kavin was currently questioning them on how the photo of Gorya was able to be released to the public. One of the girls signaled to the bouncer to come and kick Kavin out. The bouncer made the unlucky choice of trying to harm Kavin which resulted in a fight that Kavin, of course, won by a landslide.

After the fight ceased Liliana and her trusty sidekick Vincent slipped stood by the doorframe of the entrance to the room. Vincent was clapping and gave Kavin a thumbs up for his work whilst Lia tried to walk towards Kavin without stepping on any of the broken glass. "Why'd you call us tea-boy?" Lia questioned after she eventually made her way across the room.

Kavin explained the entire situation about how he and MJ were convinced that something fishy was going on with the photos of Gorya and how he thought that Lia and Vinny would be great at helping out. She nodded and gave him back his glasses that were on the floor, "I mean I would do anything for you guys so count me in,". Their conversation came to a halt when the managers of the club bursted through the doors and apologized to Kavin for the trouble that their bodyguards had caused.

"Let me cut to the chase," Kavin said showing the manager the photo on his phone, "my friend had been in a lot of trouble because of this photo,". The manager apologized and explained that he knew nothing about the situation.

"Then let us talk to the head guy of this place,". "You're looking at him," stuttered the manager.

Vincent stood up from the spot he was sitting on top of the pool table and approached the guy. He had an empty stare that seemed to be clawing away at the skin of the manager, "Respectfully sir, you're wearing all knock offs. Do you expect us to believe that the owner of this place can only afford a twenty-five dollar plastic Rolex?"

"I don't think your boss will be able to handle what happens when either of our families get mad," Kavin said before smiling playfully, "sorry, I meant to call you sir".

———a/n

this chapter was all over the place AND IN MY DEFENSE the episode this was from (5) was too. I'm literally writing this and i'm watching it :>