Prologue

The sound of heels clicking against the polished floors echoed throughout the long nearly empty hall. Isabella paced back and forth occasionally taking a seat on a stool near by, she let out a heavy sigh every so often. As the clock ticked on she got more and more impatient. Yet soon her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of her visitor walking down the hall, she looked at him expectedly, worry written all over her face.

  "I'm sorry," The man let out a long held in breath, shaking his head. Isabella slowly nodded as she gripped onto the small table by the stool as she silently sat herself down.

  "Oh, okay, thank you," The man turned on his heels and hesitantly walked away. 

     As he faded from view Isabella decided to head to a room she hadn't seen in ages. She climbed up a flight of stairs and walked to the slightly cracked open door, she took a deep breath and then pushed the door open lightly, immediately noticing the creak that no other door in this building had, making it more obvious how long it had been since someone had entered. Five years and there had been no sign of him, everyday she fought temptation to open the door and enter, but some people said that she shouldn't in case something happened and police needed 'evidence'. She aimlessly wandered around the room brushing her fingers against the old books on the dusty desk, everything was just the way it was before. As she drew closer to the bed she made the decision to take a seat. She flopped down not caring about being her usual proper self at the moment. She heard the tiniest sound, like a whoosh, she lifted her head and positioned herself to look over the edge of the bed. Scattered across the floor was about ten clippings, but not just any, all of New York...Manhatten, New York.

 "Oh my gosh," She said as she jumped up, "OH MY GOSH!" Isabella yelled as she ran out of the room and down the flight of stairs. She'd done it, she's gonna see him again.

      Assuming she's right. She rushed into the big hall, a bunch of generals looked at her abruptly and some standing up out of respect, "ma'a-" before the man could finish she interrupted him, "I found him," a few more of the men stand of, her attendance finally making sense, "I know where he is,".