» Chance Ball

“Well let’s both do our best, Ryu-chan!” Amanai chirped and it was a cue for you to retreat with her.

You turned your head at Karasuno before you left and bowed slightly, following your teammate’s steps.

“Goodbye, shaved egg, humu humu.” you muttered under your breath, referring to Tanaka as seemingly appeared depressed while walking with Kanoka back to your team.

The black haired individual catches a glimpse of where your eyes were stuck on and asks you, “Sorry, did you say something?”

You kept your mouth firmly sealed.

Tanaka was left red and rendered flustered by his encounter with his childhood friend. Even Hinata was blushing at the back, but he quickly diverted his attention to the match ups of the tournament.

However, that wasn’t the case with Nishinoya. The faint memory of his encounter with you left a sweet taste in his mouth.

His face crumpled with excitement. “Ryuu! You think I have a chance with Niiyama’s eleven?! SHE WATCHED ME, RYUU! SHE NEVER LEFT HER EYES OFF ME!”

“Only because you were staring right at her co-team’s chest, that’s why. You never even said sorry to her yourself.” Daichi uttered these words bluntly, grabbing on to Nishinoya’s spiky yet soft hair, making thousands of electric waves elicit in the libero’s body.

“Daichi-san! I-I’ll apologize! I promise! Even with a flower! A bouquet! I’ll even demonstrate "Rolling Thunder" if I need to!” His voice roared throughout the room, earning an even fouler mouthful from Karasuno’s captain.

“IDIOT, I want you to apologize, not ask her out on a date!”

•  •  • l▒▒▒▒l 🏐...

A day has passed and you were no longer unmotivated. No longer the unmotivated setter. You had a goal in mind while you were facing Karasuno’s libero the other day.

You wanted to hit him.

Hit him.

Hitting. As a setter, this is a common term for your mind to ponder on. You want to the ball to make contact with someone, anyone. And the fact that Kageyama Tobio doesn’t just hope the ball gets hit, he makes SURE the ball hits. HE is the control.

As a loyal friend, you’d follow Amanai all around, whenever you had the time, that is. She would always ask you if you’d be free to accompany her or the other way around. In conclusion, you ended up watching Karasuno’s heated match with Inarizaki that day.

It was astonishing; The libero’s receives. To witness him do overhand and underhand receives smoothly was something satisfying, worth of praise and recognition. You found it hard to believe that he was the same person you caught looking at a girl excitedly.

How surprising. The hedgehog actually plays well.

He stood out from his teammates uniform-wise. But the other members of Karasuno sparked an interest from you as well. Everyone had their unique specialty.

Even baldy that Amanai has been crushing on!

Damn! Jesus spiking? Allelujah!

Woah, who’s that middle blocker from Inarizaki? He bends his top so effortlessly..

..twin players...their sets are unreal.