Prologue

~Prologue~

~Prologue~

Each life is a story to tell in front of a cozy fireplace and a cup of tea.

Each soul carries emotional baggage. Some carry a heavy one. Other, a little lighter.
Now depends on what each carries more.
Knowledge. Hurdles. Happy moments. Negative experience. Fellings of hate, love.

Now if the baggage holds you back, then that adds to the story.

We are different, yet each one of us meets those feelings sooner or later. We like it or not. We want it or not.

I was someone who didn't want anything of that. I was alright by myself, locked in a room, and not having to do with anyone. Just being with myself. Something that was irritating my mother to the very core. No clue why. I was alright so she should be happy for me.

I tried once to get out of my bubble and I ended up running straight back. I wasn't fitting in. There was no place for me I thought. No one needed me.
I didn't need anyone also. So we were even.

I didn't need happiness, love, dreams.

Maybe because I had no idea what those were. But I knew very well what disappointment, fear, and helplessness felt like.
So better staying locked somewhere than risking getting hurt again.

This until one night, when I made the stupid decision to get out. From then on, my life turned upside down. I was losing control of my own life.

Now someone else had it. And that was scary. I felt trapped. But if I were to try and run away and get free, then I wouldn't be able to breathe and I would lose myself even more. I forgot what it's like to be able to breathe alone, by myself.

This is my story. Thank you for reading it. And please do tell me, when I started to fall. Where did I do wrong?