Chapter 12: Dinner

Soomi left the office early and walked to the waiting shed to wait for the bus to arrive. The only car they have are shared by them and today, In-yeop was the one who used it.

She sat on the long bench, giving her foot a massage. She regrets wearing high heels that day. If only she knew she'd be walking around to get more information about the news she will report live tomorrow, she should have worn sneakers.

She stretched her foot and leaned on the fabric glass wall of the shed. She looked to her side and saw a couple sitting beside each other as they wait for the bus to arrive. Her lips pulled up to a smile as she remembers her dates with In-yeop. All dates they have before Areum was born were out of the ordinary. It's either they end up in a disaster or the weather is not nice. That is why decided to spend time together at home on dates.

She smiles more remembering that In-yeop and her are doing fine again. It's been a week since he goes home early and eats dinner with them. She also feels his presence at night again as he gives her warm hugs like he usually does.

She never got the chance to ask about the woman named Ah-in again. It's not that she did not have the chance, she did not have the courage. Seeing In-yeop with another woman in a romantic atmosphere makes her heart pound so fast like she's out of breath.

She shook her head to avoid having those thoughts and right on time, the bus arrives. She's excited to go home to cook dinner for them tonight.

--------------------

"What the hell is wrong? Why won't you go with me tonight?" Ah-in feels so irritated that In-yeop rejected her offer again to go to the club. Ever since that damn lunch, In-yeop started to be cold towards her again.

"What is wrong with you?" She asked with irritation laced in her voice. "We had our fun times. You always have fun when you're with me!"

In-yeop sighed as he runs his hand over his worn out face. He admits that he goes clubbing with Ah-in for the past weeks but that was because he was pissed at himself for being so insecure towards Dongmin. He wanted to clear his mind and the only way he could think of is by drowning himself with liquor and to hear nothing but loud music. If he would be asked, he never wanted to go with Ah-in. The woman just insist that she should go with him and he is aware that she is flirting with him.

"Look, Ah-in," In-yeop started as he placed his hands on his waist. "Soomi and I are doing fine now. Stop doing this to yourself. You're better than this."

"What?" Ah-in scoffed from what she heard.

Hearing the word better rings on Ah-in's head like an alarm that has no stop button. Ever since she was a kid, her parents wanted her to be someone she doesn't want to be. She was a bright kid, a smart kid, but her parents were never satisfied. They always say that she could do better even though she already tried her best. They never cherished her as their daughter, they only raised her so that someone can look after their business. And she hated it! And so she left home and met the old man, Mr. Han.

"What do you know about me? What do you know what's better for me?" Her eyes start to water and In-yeop saw this vulnerable side of her. Even though he is known to be emotionless at everything, seeing the woman like this make him pity her.

He sighed a very long one because for sure he will regret what he will say. "I can't go with you in the club. I will never go back there, but we can have dinner with the guys. How's that sound?"

Ah-in doesn't like the idea of just having dinner and to think she'll have them with the other guys makes her not like it more. She wants In-yeop to herself, she wants him close to her and she only feels that when they are in the club.