𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆

━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━

The sound of a locking latch filled the room. Regulus just finished packing up the rest of his room in Blackthorn Academy and the worn brown leather suitcases were piled near the door. To be honest he never really thought about leaving this place. Sure he dreamed of univercity, moving to Paris, being away from the snobby rich kids who had ridiculous names like Digby (but then again REGULUS couldn't criticizes). I guess the reality of leaving the place he spent his entire childhood in never really, came to place. Now he had to go to America.

America. Just the thought of it made Regulus cringe in disgust (like it did to everyone who isn't American). A place with fast food around every corner, gun violence and non-free healthcare. It made matters worse he had to go to New York. Crime-ridden, filthy New York. Regulus faintly remembers going there before to visit his Uncle Teddy's lab at Oscorp when he was younger. Reg hasn't seen him in years and now he has to stay in his care until he finishes... High school. Regulus shook his head, not wanting to think about the more hormonal version of hell that awaited him and picked his luggage. He swung his ageing, leather satchel around his shoulder and closed the door to his room.

His boots slammed against the cobblestone floor, the echo fading as he came outside. Reg looked back at his home to say goodbye to the centuries old building. He remembered when he first arrived. He always thought the magnificent structure reminded him of Hogwarts, the bright red steam train he was about to get on didn't help either. When he boarded he nestled his bags into the overhead shelf and sinked into the plush seats of the train. The warmth of the compartment comforted him as he started reading his book ' J.M.W Turner's work and life by Graham Reynolds' and sipped his tea in his travel mug preparing for the long journey.

━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━

After the hour long train ride, then the forty minute car journey, straight to the eight hour plane ride, Regulus was exhausted. His head was resting on the cold glass of the window of the expensive car he had been sat in for half an hour. Smooth jazz played through the speakers of the car, as his new driver tapped the steering wheel. His foggy head tried to send him to a peaceful sleep but he forced his eyes open, determined to keep himself awake to lessen the jetlag. 

Trying to keep his mind busy, he thought of what his life might be like in the city. What his life might be like at school. An American Public school, Bloody hell, what was his parents thinking. When he asked they said it will be good for ordinary people to know they weren't ignorant rich people (which they were). Really it was just a publicity stunt. 'The heir to the Lupin family goes to a public high school! They're just like us! Let's give all our money to the already billionaires.' He was so sick of it.

Before he knew it he was at his uncle's place. A large, penthouse flat (apartment), that overlooked the city. A big change to his smallish, classically rustic room, that overlooked the academy courtyard and the mountains in the distance. 

The staff of the building rushed out to the car and grabbed his bags from the boot car, rushing back into the building. He thanked his driver in a horse voice, it was the first word he has said all day and got out of the car.