PROLOGUE

DISCLAIMER:

DISCLAIMER:

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

This story is pure fanfiction. The story isn't affiliated with Josh or any SB19 members.

The story contains matured scenes. There will be warning sign in the chapter that have matured scenes so just kindly skip it you're uncomfortable. This story isn't edited so I apologize for some typos and other errors.

Votes and comments is highly appreciated. Thank you and enjoy reading!

-----

"When will Dad go here, Mom? May nabanggit ba siya sa'yo? It's been years, you know..." I asked my mother who came to my office.

I'm hoping for a good news. I miss Dad so much. I think it's been four years since he last visited us here in France.

My hopes went low again when Mom shook her head in disappointment as she sat on my visitor's chair. God, why am I still not used to in getting disappointments from my father...

I was having a deep thoughts while I'm staring at the starry night sky. The stars were twinkling, they're shining so bright. Our mansion is just in the city, where the famous eiffel tower is located. The tower can be seen here from the balcony of my room of our house, with a glass of wine in my left hand and my phone on the right.

I sighed deeply as I make a sudden decision.

I called someone on my phone so I could have someone to talk to.

"Ate Ivy?"

"Oops, sorry! Did I wake you up?" I asked then apologized to my friend, Beatrice, when I noticed her sleepy voice. It's just now when I realized the time, it's eleven in the evening yet I still called her.

"Hindi naman po, I was just about to go to sleep. Why?"

"Uh..." I looked down a bit. Thinking if I should still talk to her right now or maybe just the next day when we see each other at the company. But I already called her, so maybe I'll just ask her now. "You wished to come back at the Philippines, right?" I asked.

"Yes..."

"Good!" I said joyfully as I smiled a little. Maybe I can have her with me. "Do you want to come with me? You know, I'm planning to come back there sooner or later." I said even though I'm not yet sure if Mom would let me but nevermind, I'm an adult now.

"Really?!"

"Yes..." I said to her while grinning a bit. "So, will you come with me?" I asked her.

"Oui, bien sûr!" Beatrice happily said on the other line. I just smiled sincerely.
[Translation: Yes, ofcourse!]

Okay... After I got someone to go with me to the Philippines, I'll just talk to Mom next. But I'm pretty sure that she will let me, she may even come with me if she wants. I know she misses Dad too. But I'm thinking of it as a surprise for Dad. Mom and I will finally go home after so many years, I'm sure he will be very happy to see us there.

The next day, I get to talk to Beatrice again personally since she's working for us, she's working at our company. But I didn't get to talk to Mom because I've noticed that she's very busy, and I don't disturb her when she's like that. I'll just look for a good timing, I'll just tell her when she's not busy anymore.

I understand Mom's busy days because she's the CEO of her own jewelry company. Our jewelries were known all over some places not just here in France. Jewel's Gems Corporation, it was named after my Mom. Who would have thought that her simple jewelry business before will get big? Not just big but known.

"Ate Ivy, are you sure it's just your Dad whom you misses? Or up until now, you still haven't forget your childhood crush?"

Halos maibuga ko na ang iniinom kong kape nang marinig ko ang sinabi ni Beatrice. I invited her to have a coffee with me and I didn't knew that she'll bring that topic up.

"Crush? So childish." I said as I avoided my gaze at her but I can still feel her stares.

Naalala ko nanaman tuloy... It was JC whom I'm talking about, he's my childhood crush. I met him when I was six years old, turning seven before we left the Philippines. We were neighbors, we often see each other before. I just had a crush on him because he's just cute and so kind, that's all. Besides, I was just a kid back then. What do I know about those 'crush' thing? Trip-trip o laro ko lang naman ata 'yon eh.

As I observe Mom, it was already a week when I noticed that she's not that busy anymore so I took the opportunity to talk to her about my plan while we're having our dinner.

"I'm going back to the Philippines, Mom." I stated.

I said that, I didn't ask. So meaning, I'm not asking her if I can come back to the Philippines. I'm just informing her that I will leave.

Mom suddenly stopped eating then she looked at me confused, her one brow even raised a bit.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

I smiled a little as I started explaining at her. I explained why I made a decision like that all of a sudden. I just told him that I misses Dad and the Philippines itself. And it's been fifteen long years since we left. I wanted to go back...

"Is that just like a vacation? Then when are you coming back?"

I frowned.

I haven't even left yet she's already asking me when will I come back.

"I'm staying for long, or even for good..." I said as my voice lowered down on the last words that I said.

"For good? Then what about your promotion December next year?" she asked, feeling stressed because of I said.

That made me think. I almost forgot... She will be retiring next year and I will take over her position as the President and CEO of the company... But there's still more than a year to think about it. She's still young, she's not that old to retire! She can still handle the company well.

"Mom, it's not yet my time for your position." I said calmly. "I'm working for nearly three years in the company. Even though I'm the owner's only daughter, there's still no special treatment for me when I started. I do my job fairly. Kaya nga po medyo mataas na rin ang posisyon ko ngayon, diba? But I still believe that it's not yet the right time for me to become the CEO, Mom. Please..."

"So I'm going back to the Philippines, Mom. I want to live there again. I'll not ask you for money, or my expenses. I'll use my own, I promise!" I said as I even raised a bit my right hand, making a promise to her.

But Mom just looked at me.

I stood up from my seat as I walk a few towards her. I even hugged her.

"I'm an adult now, Mom. I can take care and handle myself. I have my own savings from my hardwork. It's already enough for me." I said.

I was about to say something more but she just gently tapped my arm that's hugging her. Her head moved a bit.

That made me stare at her in delight as I smiled widely.

Finally!

----------

Will update here soon after I finished FWY.

-Zy

: )