- The Rose -

The day after the party

The day after the party...it was a Saturday morning and most slept in. Daniel on the other hand woke up early, he got ready to go to the park for a bit. He then opened his door and was about to step out until he noticed something on the floor...

Daniel: "what the-..."
Daniel: "a rose?..."

Daniel was confused and wondered who it was from, he didn't think about it that much though. He grabbed the rose and placed it in a glass of water, he headed to the park afterwards. Once he arrived he started walking and followed a trail that led to a small pond. Although he tried to not think of the rose that much... the thought of it kept on coming back to his head.

Daniel: *mind* "I wonder who it was.."
Daniel: *mind* "Maybe Ali?-"
Daniel: *mind* "Just a coincidence?"
Daniel: *mind* "Someone I have no idea that exists?..."

He just kept on thinking of it even if he tried not too. Wondering who it was, making theories, writing scenarios in his head. He wasn't sure who it could've possibly been until...he looked up. He saw Johnny sitting by a tree next to the pond. It hit Daniel. Johnny left the rose. It just made sense. At first he was calm about it then started going crazy-...

Daniel: *mind* "WHAT JOHNNY- I-"
Daniel: *mind* "WHY JOHNNY?!-..."
Daniel: *mind* "oh god...all those times he acted awkward towards me- the times he stared at me- the times he was just suddenly nice- the look on his face  whenever I talked to him....when I talked about the rose..."
Daniel: *mumbles* "he likes me-..."

Daniel didn't know how to feel except to confront Johnny. He ran towards him already feeling nervous.

Johnny: "oh erm- hey Daniel"
Daniel: "you like me don't you.."
Johnny: *turns red* "no- uh-"
Daniel: "ugh god-..you have a crush on me!?-"
Johnny: "I don't-"
Daniel: "YOU DO- stop denying.."
Johnny: "well um- at least give me some reasons on why you suspect that I like you"
Daniel: "the times you acted awkward towards me..the times you stared at me for long periods of time- the times you were suddenly SUPER nice to me..the look on your face whenever I talked to you, AND THE ROSE- YOU WERE THE ONLY ONE WHO I TOLD THAT I LIKED ROSES, YOU LITERALLY LEFT A ROSE ON MY DOORSTEP JOHNNY-"
Johnny: "I-"
Daniel: "Just- JUST STOP LIKING ME-"
Johnny: "..."
Daniel: "JUST STOP"

Daniel was upset and walked away. After a few minutes he felt bad, he knew he shouldn't have yelled at Johnny like that. He shouldn't have overreacted. It was too late he couldn't apologize. Daniel had to move on with his day. He decided to go to the diner his Ma worked at. While walking towards the diner Daniel still felt bad about yelling at Johnny and what not. Daniel went inside the diner and sat down. He tried looking for his Ma but couldn't find her, instead he saw Johnny enter. Johnny sat down with a sad look on his face. Daniel felt even worse...

Daniel: *mind* "should I go over and apologize?-"
Daniel: "Nah- not right now- but maybe I can just- alright I'll just go say sorry.."

Daniel walked towards Johnny hoping he'd forgive him.

Johnny: "what do you want-"
Daniel: "I just wanted to say I'm sorry..."
Johnny: "and?"
Daniel: "do you forgive me?-"

Johnny didn't respond and looked around.

Daniel: "please Johnny- I know I overreacted...I'm sorry"
Johnny: *laughs*
Daniel: "What's so funny-"
Johnny: "you seriously thought I was sad-" *wheeze*
Daniel: *sigh* "I hate you"
Johnny: *dies of laughter*
Daniel: "so there's no need to apologize?-"
Johnny: "nope" *smile*
Daniel: *rolls eyes* "I can't believe you'd do this"
Johnny: *sigh* "that was hilarious"
Daniel: "wait so- do you actually like me?..."
Johnny: "erm kinda"
Daniel: "ok, sorry but that's kinda weird-"
Johnny: "really?"
Daniel: "well yeah I mean we're friends I've never expected for you to like me"
Johnny: "true"
Daniel: "you know what, I guess you can say I kinda sorta...erm like you too"
Johnny: "really?-"
Daniel: "yeah" *awkward laugh*
Johnny: "uh..cool"
Daniel: "erm wanna share a milkshake?"
Johnny: "sure"

Daniel looked for his Ma and finally found her walking towards the boys with a smile.

Lucille: "Daniel!"
Daniel: "hey!" *smiles*
Daniel: "Ma, this is Johnny, Johnny, this is my Ma"
Johnny: "Hey Ms. LaRusso-"
Lucille: "Daniel, is this the boy with beautiful blonde locks of hair and pretty blue eyes you were talking about?"
Daniel: "UM- MA-"
Johnny: *turns red* "what-"
Daniel: *cough* "she was just joking"
Lucille: "Well what can I get you boys?"
Daniel: "Me and Johnny wanted a milkshake to share"
Lucille: "what flavor?"
Daniel: "uh vanilla"
Lucille: "alright, be right back"
Daniel: "thanks!"
Johnny: "I wanted a chocolate milkshake"
Daniel: "huh-"
Johnny: "never mind-"
Daniel: *sigh* "I can't believe you made me think that you were sad"
Johnny: "Pfft- I'm never sad"
Daniel: "yeah right, you were sad when I won the tournament"
Johnny: "umm no I wasn't-"
Daniel: "you were"
Johnny: "well if it wasn't for that demon sorcerer Miyagi I would've won, and you know it" *laughs*
Daniel: *rolls eyes* "idiot" *smile*
Johnny: "you're the idiot" *smirk*
Daniel: *scoff* "no- you are"

For a few minutes they kept on (playfully 😏) calling each other idiots until the milkshake came. There were two straws in the glass, one for Daniel and the other for Johnny. Whenever the boys tried drinking from it together, they locked into each others eyes. Lucille looked from a distance. She also tried listening to their conversation. All she heard was them talking about more karate and homework. Then she heard Johnny ask Daniel out on a date...

Johnny: "Um Daniel-"
Daniel: "yeah?"
Johnny: "not trying to sound like a weakling or whatever...but would you like to go out with me"
Daniel: "So a date?"
Johnny: "uh..yeah"
Daniel: "sure, but where to?"
Johnny: "maybe that one beach where I beat you up"
Daniel: "alright...but why did you even beat me up there?"
Johnny: "umm you were stealing my girlfriend you dork"
Daniel: "Steal your girlfriend- seriously"
Johnny: "yeah I saw you flirting with her from up top"
Daniel: *sigh* "first of all I wasn't stealing your girlfriend, SHE WASN'T EVEN YOUR GIRLFRIEND ANYMORE- you literally broke up with her before that"
Johnny: "umm but still you can't just go for some chic right after a guy breaks up with her-"
Daniel: *scoff* "whatever you say Lawrence"
Johnny: *laughs* "I'm always right"
Daniel: "not always-"

The boys started (playfully 😏) arguing, that's when Lucille stopped eavesdropping. After an hour Daniel said bye to his Ma. She didn't say anything about the date so Daniel wouldn't be upset for eavesdropping, she acted like if she heard nothing. Daniel then was gonna say bye to Johnny and go home, but Johnny insisted he would walk with him. Whilst they were walking they were planning out the whole date thing. They agreed to meet at the beach a couple of hours before sunset. After a few minutes they arrived at Daniel's house, Daniel was about to walk inside before Johnny said something.

Johnny: "Bye you dork"
Daniel: "Bye you beautiful blonde, blue eyed boy" *laughs*

Johnny laughed and then turned red, he walked away once Daniel went inside his house...