chapter twenty two

"-and now i'm here retelling the story to you," i concluded with a deep breath rounding off the story. It had taken a total of an hour to finish with paul and jareds quick remarks and quotes being thrown in and quill almost bloody shifting every ten minutes.

And I could see why. That was the worst I had been injured in a really long time and they had to see it all and the worst thing was that when the boys shifted if Paul and Jared ever thought about it he would see it all and I'm not sure I could live with that but here we were. I looked around the room and it just about broke my heart. They should have to deal with this and I had forced this upon them. I felt awful.

No one spoke for a while, they just took in the story and my appearance and I just sat there, waiting for any sort of genuine reaction.

"No that's it, I'm done, this is killing me. Go to the police, please alissa, go and let them sort out your father or I will. I have watched this enough and I am so god damn close to murdering your father it hurts. You mean the fucking world to me to all of us and my job as an imprint is to protect you and i faled. Twice in one day. First your father and then the cullens and i'm terrified you could just disappear on me and i am not having that i'm no-"

at every word quill spoke my heart got faster. Everything he said meant everything to me, to know how much I meant to him but I felt like a burden and that I was hurting him and that was the worst. I willed myself to get the courage to tll someone that could really do something, find that fucking strength in me do t id for thm and for myself but i was at a loss. I couldn't do it.

The sudden crunch of the gravel outside stopped quill in his tracks and we all looked to each other. We were all here there's few people that could be right now so we piled out the door but stopped dead at these right in front of us.

Seth was hunched on the ground, writhing and squirming in agony. Whimpers of pain fell past his lips broken with harsh screams that took the edge off your heart at the sound of them. He was sweating and his eyes were unfocused and lazy. He looked broken. Shorts burst of sentence tried to compose himself in his mouth but were lost to the air as whatever pain he was feeling took over his control.

I didn't register the movement or words around my head. I just saw him in pain and wanted to help him. I needed to help him, to relieve him of some of the agony that seemed to be wrecking my body but my actions came with dire consequences.

Once his eyes registered my movements, me coming towards him something finally snapped in him. He lunged towards me faster than I could move away and the noise of bones snapping filled the empty air around us. Only then did I realize what I had got myself into but it was far too late. The grim snaps of his bones reforming echoed around my head as a tell tale growl ripped through the fuzziness of my head.

A huge sandy colored wolf stood over me and the eyes as Seths were unrecognizable as his own. I had heard plenty of stories of his happy personality and gleeful disposition but none of that was clear in his eyes. Only the empty animalistic look that haunted any animals that had found a prey. Nobody could move fast enough to stop the paw swipe down on my body and tear through the soft flesh of my stomach and thighs.

The pain was blinding and it clouded my brain. My libs felt heavy as if made of lead and I stopped resisting. I clocked the strong arms that dragged me away for seth and i watched pauls and sams would fly over my head to tackle seth.

My head cleared after the schock and I could really feel the intense searing feeling that coated my thighs and stomachs but I couldn't bring myself to look. I tuned in on quill and his voice the best I could but it got harder with every passing second.

I listened to his soothing words of reassurance, tainted with panic and fury as well as jareds frantic calls to the ambulance all while trying to feel for quills, arms around me, resting my head in his lap .

Quill begged me to stay awake and god did i try. I wanted to do something, anything for him that wouldn't hurt him or break his heart even more but it was so hard. Everything seemed too hard.

I noticed that the vicious growls had stopped and I craned my head to look or at least tried to but my head felt like it weighed a ton and strong hands held me still so I looked up to see the brown eyed boy I adored.

His beautiful face was clouded and twisted with worry and fury but he still looked gorgeous. I let him be my last through the world, faded for what might have been nearly the second or third time today but this time I let it. I let the blanket of black cover my eyes and I accepted the soft darkness that had been threatening to envelop me since the first strike today overtook my body.

It flooded my senses and dragged me into a world of nothingness that felt so much easier than anything else right now. So I let it hold me for a little while longer.