Regulus Black x James Potter - Blushing

Year: 1974

~

Regulus walked down the stairs and into the drawing room as he was buttoning up his dress shirt. He was going to meet Bartemius at the Leaky Cauldron for lunch. Regulus walked into the drawing room, freezing as he noticed James Potter looking at the Black Family Tapestry. "Potter" Regulus said, fixing his sleeve, before James turned to look at the younger Black boy. "Black" James said, the two boys weren't friends, but they acknowledged the others presence if they were to pass each other. James was after all Sirius' best friend.

"You're in my house" Regulus said, and raised his eyebrows at the older boy, "ah, yeah" James said, scratching the back of his neck. Something the boy did when he was nervous. Sirius may have mentioned it once or twice Regulus thinks. "Why are you in my house?" Regulus asked, before footsteps were heard running down the stairs into the drawing room. "He's here to pick me up" Sirius said, and Regulus turned to see Sirius fixing his leather jacket. James was wearing a leather jacket as well. Regulus thought it suited him quite well.

"You need someone to pick you up" Regulus said, chuckling a little, "are you going on a date?" Regulus asked, and noticed James shifting from foot to foot. "Ah no Reggie, we are going to watch a musical" Sirius said, and ran his hand through his hair, before he looked Regulus up and down. Regulus fixed his collar, before James cleared his throat.

"We better be going Padfoot, Moony and Wormtail should be there soon" James said, and Sirius nodded, raising his eyebrows to Regulus. "You want to walk with us Reggie?" Sirius asked, and Regulus felt his stomach feel a little fuzzy as he thought about spending a little more time with James. Regulus kind of enjoyed the Potter boys company. "Sure Siri, I just need to grab my coat" Regulus said, and left the drawing room, before James cleared his throat, leaning a little on the armchair.

Regulus walked with Sirius and James as they were walking towards central London. "So are you going on a date?" Sirius asked his brother, and Regulus shook his head. "I am just going to a lunch with Barty" Regulus said, and fixed a button on his shirt. "So a secret date?" Sirius asked, and Regulus nudged his brother in the side, before he noticed James avoiding any eye contact with the two Black brothers.

"It's just a lunch Siri, and besides Barty has his eye on someone already" Regulus said, looking down at his shoes as they continued to walk. "Yeah, Pandora" Sirius said, and Regulus frowned his eyebrows, "actually no, Barty has his eye on Igor" Regulus said, and Sirius gasped a little. "Durmstrang boy?" Sirius asked, and Regulus nodded, before Sirius could tell it annoyed Regulus a little.

"Oh, don't be sad Reggie, I'm sure a lovely handsome boy will come and make you theirs soon enough" Sirius said, pinching Regulus' cheek, making Regulus pull away from his brother. "Piss off Siri" Regulus said a little annoyed, before James cleared his throat. Regulus looked towards the boy as he ran his hand through his hair, and looked at Regulus, before he quickly looked away. Something was on James' mind.

"It seems like you are thinking about something Potter" Regulus said, and James shook his head. "Nothing of too importance" James said, and Regulus raised his eyebrows, "have you got Lily to fall in love with you yet?" Regulus asked, and James felt his stomach drop at the question. "Ah, no" James said plainly, and Regulus nodded, "well good luck, I heard that she has started to fancy a Hufflepuff" Regulus said, and James chuckled a little. "I'm not really worried about her that much anymore" James said, and Regulus hummed, "finally given up on love?" Regulus asked, and Sirius shook his head at his brother.

"We all know you've given up on love, but you never even started" Sirius said, and Regulus rolled his eyes at his brothers comment. It was half true. Regulus never really finished trying to find someone to fancy or end up with. He was a bit lazy in that way. But James was always around, and he felt nice when he would always come to see Sirius when he could. AKA when Walburga and Orion weren't home.

"I didn't know you were bi" James said out of nowhere, and both of the Black brothers looked towards the boy. "Bisexual" James continued, clearing his throat to hide any caring emotion towards the statement. "He's not bisexual Prongs" Sirius said, and James frowned his eyebrows, "I'm gay" Regulus said with confidence. He definitely would not have been able to say that a few months ago.

"Well I didn't know you were gay" James said, and Regulus looked towards the boy, "is it a problem Potter?" Regulus asked. James was trying to state something. "Not at all Black, I'm just quite surprised" James said, and smiled weakly to the younger boy. "Surprised?" Regulus asked, and James nodded, before Sirius chuckled a little, "James here is bisexual Reggie" Sirius said, and Regulus eyes widened in surprise.

"I didn't know you were bisexual" Regulus said, and James smiled a little to himself. Maybe a little too much. "Yeah, I came out a few months back" James said, and Regulus nodded, "well congratulations" Regulus said, and gifted the boy with a signature Regulus smile. "Thank you I guess, my mother already knew apparently" James said, and Regulus nodded. "My parents don't know, and they will never find out" Regulus said, and James knew how Walburga or Orion would react. "So just out to your friends?" James said, and Regulus nodded, "friends and Professor Slughorn" Regulus said, before Sirius chuckled a little.

"Reggie got caught kissing a second-year" Sirius said towards James, making the boy nod as Regulus tried to not make an eye contact. "As long as you are happy that's all that matters I guess" James said, and Regulus nodded as they stopped at a corner.

"This is my turn" Regulus said, pointing down the street that housed the Leaky Caldron. "Have fun on your 'not a date' with Barty" Sirius said, and Regulus rolled his eyes sat his brother as he walked past the two boys. Regulus was walking a little down the street, "Black!" James called out, and ran a little towards the younger boy as Regulus turned a little around to face the older boy. "Potter" Regulus said, and James smiled a little more than he expected to. James liked hearing his last name coming out of Regulus' mouth, he always spoke it differently.

"Write to me yeah?" James asked, and Regulus frowned his eyebrows, before he saw Sirius flirting with a Muggle girl. "Write to you?" Regulus asked, and James nodded, "I thought that maybe if we wrote to each other I could be the next one you have lunch with" James said, and Regulus felt himself blush a little. Regulus looked down to his shoes, he was trying to hide his forming blushing. "Bad idea?" James asked, he wondered if he went too far, and Regulus shook his head, looking up into James' hazel eyes.

"I'll write to you James" Regulus said, and James felt himself blushing this time. He never really heard Regulus use his first name while talking to him. "I'll be waiting Regulus" James said, and smiled at the boy once more, before he went to join Sirius, leaving Regulus with a big smile on his face as he walked towards the Leaky Cauldron.