3

"Sorry, didn't mean to almost hit you there, I was worried when you didn't answer the door."
"It's fine. How did you figure out which apartment I was in?"
"I asked the dude in the lobby at the front desk."
"Damn it. Come in I guess."
"Can I hold your cat?"
"No."
"Why?"
"Because."
"Why?"
"Damn you act like a child."
"So can I?"
"Fine. Just leave me alone, I just woke up."
"You passed out against the door, don't act like you were woken up from a nap."
"Don't use your stupid powers on me, I hate it when you do."
"I was worried! What am I meant to do if you die? And I am not fighting Rubber Duck man! There are only very few times someone can throw rubber ducks at you before you consider going back to university."
"I don't care."
"Bullshit."
"What do you mean by that."
"You do care. I remember the time you had me kidnapped just so you could check on me, you were the person who kept me going!"
"That's because you matter to the people! They would care if you stopped or died! They don't care about me! I'm just the menace that you always beat..."
"They do care! I care!"
Ethis shouted, shutting Luca down. Luca was silent, he had no retort. He simply stood there with his head down. Ethis reached a hand out and was about to put it on his shoulder when he noticed Luca was shaking. A few tears dropped to the floor and Ethis put Alastor down.

Luca was pulled into a tight embrace. He didn't resist, Ethis was stronger anyway. Luca felt small against Ethis's chest, but comfortable none the less. There was definitely a height difference between the two. Without even realising, Luca fell asleep, going limp in Ethis's arms.
"Told you you were tired." Ethis whispered, picking Luca up and wandering around the small apartment until he found the bedroom.

Luca woke up a few hours later trapped in a warm set of arms. He tried to sit up but found he couldn't. Ethis stirred slightly due to the movement and opened his eyes. He found himself gently but strongly holding Luca while he tried to struggle out of his grip. Ethis let go and sat up himself.

"Why the hell were you hugging me while I slept?!"
"Don't yell at me."
"I have every right to!"
"You were the one who wouldn't let me go when I tried to lay you down. What was I meant to do?"
"Wake me up? I don't know!"
"You needed the sleep and we both know it. I'm glad I stayed anyway; you started thrashing and crying in your sleep."
"So what?"
"You had a nightmare, and a bad one by the look of things. I had to calm you down, you were hyperventilating."
Luca looked away. He knew how bad his nightmares could get and knew that wasn't the worst they could be. He didn't dare say it though.
"I'll make us some breakfast and then we can change your bandages, please don't fight me on it."
"fine."