Prologue

Jihyun

Everything was seemingly peaceful this morning. Birds were chirping, the weather was splendid and everything seemed to be in a good mood "Jihyun noona hurry up we're going to be late" well except for me.

This morning was literally an upside down to me specifically this morning. Today we will be having another first day of the school year and apparently I was so excited since finally my best friend Dea and her brother Doyoung will get to join us in school but things really aren't looking too good today.

I set an alarm last night so I can prepare early but I forgot that my phone was on mute and literally woke up thirty minutes before we are officially late for the morning assembly. And while rushing around the house my beloved toe just had to make contact with one foot of the darned table.

Thankfully enough I made it through the bathroom and literally went for ten minutes shower and came rushing right out as soon as possible "Jihyun noona" I heard Jisung yelling from downstairs as I was collecting my items so I quickly gathered them and came running through the halls "coming".

"What took you so long?" Jisung asked me as we got in the car and I'm literally an absolute mess and I practically just glared at him so he'd shut up "ok yeah let's pretend you didn't know" I replied and rolled my eyes at him. Seriously this boy, you better be thankful I love you.

I finally finished brushing my hair when we arrived at school and finally something good happened to me today and we are not late which is a relief. I got out of the car and fell over as I slipped on a very cute yet annoying rock on my way down the car "I shouldn't have jinxed it" I yelled in frustration and Jisung helped me up and then afterwards we went inside looking for the siblings.

I was tying my hair as we walked around looking for them and then someone bumped into me causing my hair tie to go flying through the corridors "can't this day get any worse?!" I whisper yelled in frustration once again as I followed my hair tie being kicked around.

I kept on following it until I couldn't see it anymore "Jihyun" someone called me and I saw a pair of shoes Infront of me. I looked at the person as I got up and dusted myself.

"This is yours right?" He asked as he handed me my hair tie back and I nodded and took my hair tie and he smiled at me.

"Do we know each other by any chance? Cause you look very familiar" I said and kept on observing his features and he laughed a little at me and bro that was so damn cute.

"Well yeah we've been going to the same class since high school started" wait for real I had no absolute idea or maybe I was just uninterested in people on my class and just practically know my brother and my annoying ass seatmate.

"Yeah I was always seated in the back so I doubt you even know me" I awkwardly nodded while scratching the back of my neck and he just smiled at me. Man how can a smile look that charming.

"No it's all good" he said and I turned around to look for my brother but saw no sign of him at all and I guess he must've noticed me and then tapped my shoulder "you looking for your brother?" He asked and I nodded immediately "I'll go with you, we can look for him so you wouldn't be alone" he said and grabbed my hand as we walked around the halls looking for him and suddenly I was wishing in my mind that we wouldn't spot him so this moment could last more.

But sad to say we found him and he's already with Dea and Doyoung so he left "well that sucks"

-

"Girl you've like told me that story since the day after that event happened till now like it's been a year" Dea looked at me as I was clinging to her with teary eyes.

"I mean how come he's like that to other girls too, I thought we had something seriously" I whined to her and I saw her roll her eyes at me "dude of course he can it's not like you guys are dating or something he doesn't even know you like him it's just one sided so don't be such a crybaby over it" Dea said as she focused back on her work.

I sat up from her bed and looked at her in shock "aren't you supposed to be my friend here?"

"And besides I'm older than you so don't you dare put an attitude at me" I said and put both my hands on my waist and she just sighed at me "you don't act like it"

"Hey- and also shouldn't you be looking for your soulmate? It's been a year since that tattoo showed up and I'm sure he's close judging from how you managed to stay alive" she cutted me off and faced me as I just stayed quiet.

It's true it's been a year since I've made contact with my soulmate and practically I'm still alive so it's either he's in our neighborhood or in my class since I rarely interact with other students but my classmates and my friends. I've been trying to figure out who he might be for a year as well but I just can't get my hunch right and at this point I'm starting to lose hope. I guess I'll just have to die after I graduate.

"Hey shouldn't you be worrying about your own soulmate" I raised my brow at her and now it's her turn to stay silent "see? Like how long has it been and you two barely know anything about each other"

"At least I know who he is, you should really find him or at least tell your brother about it he might know or maybe help"