03|Diary of the outcasts

Hello my darlings! It is finally that time of the week. Enjoy ;)

**/**/****

All the teachers stood in the kitchen talking each other's ears off. When Nkosazana entered the room they all kept quiet and turned to face her as if she were an alien of some sort.

Some really did believe she was an alien.

An alien who couldn't keep her mouth shut about unnecessary opinions that would soon get her killed. While some felt as though she was a smart and brave woman.

People like her were rare to find. Both in the literal and figurative sense. 'People like her' were either killed or placed in prison which only prolonged their death.

Raymond was one of the teachers who thought the latter about Nkosazana. He found her very brave.

He taught Agriculture and the fruitful vegetable garden in the school was all his doing.

Raymond had taken quite a liking to Nkosazana even though all Nkosazana wanted out of him was a friend.

Everyone else knew that that wasn't exactly what Raymond was hoping for.

"MmaZulu." He greeted.

It was respectful to call a woman of Nkosazana's culture by her maiden name.

Nkosazana smiled back in greeting. Raymond tried handing her a cup of tea but like always, Nkosazana shook her head.

"Let me guess, you already had one." Raymond stated and Nkosazana chuckled in response.

"You know it. Well then, I better get going." Nkosazana said and left room.

Raymond stared at her until she disappeared. A few teachers snickered.

"Raymond why don't you just forget about her. She is never going to be yours." One of the teachers said out loud and the others snickered in agreement.

"Yes especially because you look more like them." One added in disgust.

Raymond simply smiled. Nothing could bring down Raymond's mood. Even the crude remarks his colleagues made about his albino skin fell on deaf ears.

Raymond knew none of it mattered to Nkosazana.

In fact Nkosazana has treated Raymond with humanity instead of treating him like an outsider.

Raymond's family saw Raymond as a traitor at times because of the different pigment of his skin.

Raymond and Nkosazana did not exchange much words but Raymond did not see it as such.

To Raymond two words sounded like a whole essay. One simple smile translated to feelings of attraction being communicated.

Needless to say Raymond was a hopeless, delusional romantic who was very infatuated with Nkosazana.

"I shall invite all of you to my wedding when the day comes." Raymond said as he put down the spoon he was using to stir his tea on the table.

"Until then, just sit back and watch fate play in my favour." He raised his cup of tea in the air like it was a jug of beer and went out the door just as Nkosazana had done a few minutes ago.

The teachers in the kitchen all looked shocked at his madness. "Hayi, and we thought Nkosazana was crazy. Raymond is worse."

"Yoh hayi, how did they even get hired?"

"Money I tell you."

"Haaaa! What money? Nkosazana lives in that poor village a long way from here. As for Raymond-"