chapter 9

i've been having trouble with figuring out how to continue

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wilbur pov:

my memory of saturday is pretty hazy. i remember like 3 things.

1- i drank alcohol

2- i met someone named niki

3- quackity? something to do with him.

i remember quackity's outfit, his face, the tiny dimple on the left side of his face. wait what? i didn't know that before. i'm not a stalker who notices everything about someone. 

did something...happen?

i need to find out.

--------------------------------[time skip]--------------------------------------------

as i rummage through my locker trying to find my notebooks, a rather short person appears behind me.

niki? no. quackity. 

"h-hey q," i stutter nervously (bro this is so cringe wtf). "are you alright?"

he locks eyes with me. i see confusion and anger and sadness and another emotion i can't identify in them. "do you not...remember?" he asks, dread flooding his expression. 

"sorry, but i have a really hazy memory of yesterday. i can recall that something happened, but i can't place my finger on what exactly it was." i smile, trying to keep this conversation from escalating.

he grunts in response. 

"was it...bad?"

"no, don't worry." he smiles tightly and i reckon that this conversation has come to an end.

as i was turning to leave i felt quackity's hand on my back. i turn and am met with the sight of him holding out a letter? i take the letter from his hands, accidentally brushing my fingers with his. i don't say anything because quackity disappears into the mass of students before i get the chance to.

carefully, i rip the paper open. inside, there's a little note. it reads-

"HEY WIL!" a loud, energetic freshman suddenly appears behind me. he peers over my shoulder, trying to read the note. i stuff it into my pocket before tommy can decipher what it says.

"whatcha got there?" he asks, trying to get a glimpse at the note in my coat pocket.

"nothin' just a note from quackity." i say, attempting to keep my voice steady.

"ooooh. okay, don't show me your boyfriend's love letter, i get it." tommy rolls his eyes.

"wha-? tommy, we're not dating." my voice comes out shaky, and tommy casts me a knowledgable glance. 

"ok ok, whatever you say big man." he winks at me and stalks away. i'm going to murder him when we get home.

now that tommy's gone i unfold the crumpled note and read what it says.

                  __________________________________________________

               |       hey wil,                                                                                                         |

               |       i wanted to apologize for the way i acted when schlatt          |

               |       was still around. i know i was a piece of shit and i know        |

               |       that you probably don't care. i know that  saturday meant  |

               |      nothing to you, and that you were drunk when it                      |

               |       happened. i miss you.                                                                             |

               |        - love, alex <3                                                                                              |

                  __________________________________________________

    there was a tear stain on the paper. not from me. alex must have cried while writing this note. i really do want reconnect with him. i still can't seem to remember what happened on saturday though. it must've upset alex, seeing as he cried while writing me a note. 

--------------------------------[time skip 2.0]--------------------------------------------

i locate quackity in the library. 

his body jumps up at the sudden touch as i place my fingers on his shoulder. he turns slowly, gazing into my eyes. his face contorts into a grimace of sadness, hate, anger and the same emotion i couldn't identify earlier.

"hey, uh, q, would you wanna hang out after school? at my place?" my hand shakes on his shoulder. i'm trying really hard to keep it steady but i can't seem to bring myself to it.

quackity delicately places his hand on top of mine. electricity runs through my body. my face flushes a shade of light red.

"yes, wilbur, i'd love to," he says, in a weirdly flirty voice, while his eyes trail down my body. my face runs a darker shade of red.

i manage to say, "you already know my address. my dad doesn't know you yet though, so i'll have to introduce you." i pluck quackity's hand from my shoulder and interlock my fingers with his. two can play this game.

i wink, and breathe a low "see you later, baby". his eyes fill with shock and bewilderment, and i prance away, feeling light as a cloud.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wc: 696

decided to extend the story.

-your author