Hanker sore

Hanker sore- finding someone so attractive that it actually kind of pisses you off

Azalea's POV
Have you ever seen someone so stunning that your heart physically skips a beat? It's like time freezes in that very moment and the only person that exists is them.

That's how I felt when I saw Bea. It's not the first time that I've gotten that feeling, but it certainly caught me off guard. Not a lot of things in this world can make me feel so strongly, but she is one of them.

Her eyes are what really captured my attention. They're beautiful and grey, the way she looked at me with a soft look in her eyes every time I spoke gave me butterflies.

I could barely even breathe correctly during the short drive to our hotel. With how cramped the car was, every time Bea moved, her leg pressed against mine.

Even though my heart was beating out of control, my mind couldn't help but keep thinking back to what I overheard her say on the plane. 'Cute guy, where?'

Disappointment replaced the small bit of hope that I initially had. A huge percentage of the time that I find someone pretty, they turn out to be straight.

I try to not let my hopes up, but something about her made me even more disappointed than I usually am when I'm let down. My strong hope for something, even just getting to know her outside of friendship, was very shortly lived.

This trip would be the perfect time for that, but I can't afford to let my feelings get ahead of me. I know that her gestures are nothing more than innocent and friendly, so I'm trying not to think otherwise. But she's just so pretty, I can't help it.

Once the taxi dropped us off and we got our bags, I walked towards the hotel door. As I was about to open it, a different hand grabbed the handle.

"Hey Az," River's familiar voice greeted.

"Hey, you got here quickly." I let go of the handle and looked at my cousin. I met Cove and Millie through staying at his house last year, that's how we're all friends.

He nodded while pushing the door open and holding it for Bea and I. As Bea walked past me, her arm brushed against mine.

"Who's that?" River asked once Bea was out of hearing distance.

"One of Millie's friends," I simply answered, not wanting to give much away. He nodded and followed me as we joined everyone else at the check-in desk.

"So, who's sharing a room with who?Cove, I know you're with River," Millie said.

"I don't mind sharing with anyone," I replied.

Millie looked between all of us before deciding "I'll share with you so Bea and Stella can be together."

I nodded in agreement and stepped away from the counter, ready to go to our room.

"Millie, can't Bea stay with you? I always have to be with her," Stella complained.

Bea's expression saddened but she didn't say anything, instead picking at the skin next to her nail.

"Don't be rude, she's your sister. Plus, if I went with Bea, that would leave you with Azalea. You barely even know her. She's very messy so I wouldn't want to room with her if I were you." Millie joked at the end, trying to lighten the mood.

Even though I got to know Stella a bit better on the plane, I wouldn't really want to share a room with her. She kind of talks too much and never lets anyone else speak.

Stella looked like she wanted to argue again, but I didn't leave her the chance. "I don't even know you, just go with your sister. What's the problem?"