Ch 5: Introducing Naruto

Itachi stared at the two boys sitting obediently in front of him in a training field away from the creepy trail of blood.

"How did you two meet each other exactly?" Itachi asked after a few moments of contemplation. He needed answers and he needed them now. At the moment he didn't care that he was talking to two four year olds. The whole thing was mind boggling. How did a training session with his little brother turn into a friendship reunion? Sasuke didn't have friends! At least to his family's knowledge. Not that Itachi wasn't happy sasuke had a friend it was just a bit strange in Itachi's opinion. I mean Sasuke was just antisocial. Almost as if he preferred to be alone. For him to have a friend was quite a feat.

"Oh that's easy, Itachi!" Sasuke said.

"Yeah, your gonna feel really stupid that you asked that question" Naruto beamed.

"Enlighten me." Itachi encouraged.

"It was about a month ago and I was practicing my shuriken throwing."

"Teme you suck at throwing shuriken" Naruto chimed, butting into the Uchiha's explanation.

"I'm better than you!" Sasuke shot back.

"That doesn't say much teme" Naruto snicked to himself. Both boys glared at each other. "Just continue the story teme we'll debate this later"

"Fine" Sasuke said, turning back to Itachi.

"I was practicing my shuriken throwing when I missed one and it flew past the target and through the trees. I went to go get it when I tripped over something lying on the ground or well someone. When I turned around Naruto was lying on the ground unconcsious. He looked a bit beaten up actually how did you get like that again?"

"Oh I was protecting the really cute Hyuga girl from some bullies! They were making her cry and I couldn't just let them off the hook for that!" Naruto exclaimed waving his hands around energetically.

"But anyways I went to make sure he was okay. Then the dobe decided that was the moment to wake up and bash his skull into mine." Sasuke said giving Naruto a playful glare.

"I said I was sorry!" Naruto exclaimed, punching the ground indignantly.

"That didn't change the fact that my head hurt."

"Headbutts hurt both way's duckass."

"Better then being a dumbass" Sasuke mumbled.

"Language" itachi calmly reminded them. Even if it was a baby swear they shouldn't be swearing at four.

"You're no fun." Naruto shook his head.

Itachi merely gave him a blank look. "Why do you always do that!?" Naruto exclaimed.

"Do what?" Sasuke questioned.

"Stare like a crow! Is your brother always this..... Tense?" Naruto asked.

Sasuke scratched his head in thought. "I refuse to answer that question with him 2 feet away." Sasuke commented almost sagely.

"Boy's story" Itachi reminded.

"That was the story." Sasuke replied.

"Yeah were you not listening to Sasuke?" Naruto asked with a grin slinging his arm around Sasuke's shoulders. "Your brothers really bad at listening..."

"No, the two of you just aren't explaining yourselves well enough."

"You asked how we met not how we became friends big brother."Sasuke pointed out a tiny smirk on his lips.

As much as Itachi loved his little brother there were times when Sasuke could be most annoying. This was one of those times. The small uchiha had gotten up and started throwing shuriken at a target missing not once not twice but every single time.