Chapter 3

(A/N: So in the last chapter, Rose met her soulmate, and today... you will see. I was surprised to see people are actually reading this, so to the few people who are, Hello! Thank you so much you have made my day, ILY!)

Rose pov:

"H-Hi." I say shyly, "I-I'm Rose, y-your...soulmate..." I had always been a bit more shy but this guy, he made my heart flutter beyond belief.

"Hi, I am..Hyunjin!" The voice was smooth like honey and was not super low but it wasn't super high either. I really liked it, it sounded like home and like the beach on a warm summer night. He seemed slightly unsure of himself but I chalked it up to nerves, we decided to exchange numbers because he had to go back to his friends but he wanted to be able to talk to me and stay in touch, and I was excited to do so too! Finally, after many years of believing I was destined to be alone, I found him, my other half and my entire world seemed to go from black and white to every color in the world playing on the movie, the switch in the middle of the film providing the contrast between chapters of my life.

I stay at the park a few minuets longer, taking photos of the world around me now that I see everything in a new light, I see him everywhere in the world around me, the honey bees remind me of his voice, the flowers remind me of the way his lips that had been coated in chapstick looked like soft flower petals and the way his skin looked in the light. It was all Hyunjin.

Once I get back to the house my friends and I share, I pull out my laptop and start looking at the pictures from my camera, deciding which ones I wanted to put on my website and which ones I would keep in the photo albums I had as physical portfolios, and made sure that Hyunjin had not texted me yet. I couldn't believe I had finally met the other part of me, the other pop up soulmate, the one who would be the person to love me at both my best and my worst. 

I got an idea for a painting, one that would blow my art class project out of the water, a painting that would show the evolution of one finding their soulmate and the way it changes our points of view on even the most mundane parts of life, like a simple home decor piece. 

Hyunjin's Pov:

Chan looked at my shoulder, it was exposed since now that we were back in our rented out house I was in a tank top and a pair of sweats. Everyone knew I was a part of the pop up soulmate bond, the rare one that only happens once every hundred years. The surprise in his eyes was not hidden as he called the other members into the room. Only management, the band and my family had known I was a part of the rare soulmate bond, so they all were shocked and happy at the developments, but my head remained trained on Rose...

Rose's pov:

I listened to my music on my earbuds, painting to my heart's content in my room to describe my current situation. I was so happy to finally have my other half, it felt fitting to do it in a painting I would cherish forever as once we presented them in class, we got to keep them if we wished.

"Hey, Roe! Oh my god, that is such a beautiful progression of art, hon, this is the best one yet!" Hannah says, gasping as she sees the painting, "It's beautiful!"

I blush after pausing my music, realizing she was praising my feelings in a way. I had been known for painting in grey scale and only using color sparingly so seeing more pops than normal was a shock even to me.

" When did you all get home?" I ask, setting my paintbrush down on my desk that I use as an art space.

"A while ago." She shrugs, looking at the painting in more depth,"Wow, this is really deep Rose..Like really deep." Lisa says behind Hannah, Elizabeth came behind me and gasps, "This belongs in a museum Roe!"

I blush and shake my head, soon excusing myself to my bathroom, I said it was for a shower but Hyunjin had texted so I wanted to talk to him without the girls finding out. I had learned he was in Stray Kids, and he had been the one that caused my heart to flutter when I heard his voice, and that he liked art as much as I did! I was so glad we were so alike in so many ways, less worrying about us clashing that way. I decided not to tell my friends about them in case they all freaked out, and honestly, I wanted to enjoy us and his band being the only ones who knew for the time being, it was nice to have a secret of my own and not have my love life under a microscope like it would be if people knew the pop up aka fated soulmates had finally met, let alone one of them being an idol. I regularly used my Korean with Hyunjin so he didn't have to worry about feeling uncomfortable or confused when we were talking. 

As we texted, we talked about when we would see each other again and how he was doing, they were on tour and their bus had had to be repaired while they were here so they had to stay in our town for a while but they would be back near the end of their tour since they wanted to hang out here a bit more on their break. I was selfishly glad that that meant I could have more time with the handsome prince that was Hyunjin. Oh how soon everything would get wild in a way I was not ready for...

(A/N: So for my small handful of readers, I think there is maybe five at the time of writing this, I adore you, and thank you for taking time out of your day to read it, it absolutely means the world to me that you did! See you in the next Update!)