DAY 30: HEAVY HEARTS(3)

Cale scrambled in the bed when another shot of pain passed his chest, he tightened his grip on Choi Han's hands, panting, eyes were cloudy and saliva trickled down his jaw from the corner of his lips.

"Hngh."

He muffled a painful moan , Choi Han held the redhead's trembling hands with gentle care as worry passed through his glistening black eyes.

"C,Choi Han.."

"Yes Cale-nim.."

Choi Han answered Cale who was slightly writhing in pain. Cale's reddish brown orbs settled on Choi Han's and the people behind him, wearing the same expression as the protagonist's.

"Can you just, knock me out every time Ancient WS came surging in?"

"What?"

Choi Han's thoughts shambled with the sudden question.

"I'm telling you to beat me up, not really beat me up, I hate pain, maybe you could just knock me out-"

"No! Why would I even do that?!"

Cale clicked his tongue, and flickered Choi Han's forehead with his pale fingers. It didn't hurt the man tho.

"Ow!"

He responded in shock. As if.

"You even kicked me during the past war, and you can't knock me out now? Really?"

"That's different Cale-nim!"

"I see no difference on that, and this."

"Can I do it Cale? Because I really wanted to punch you right now."

Cale shivered when he heard Alberu requested it instead. Eruhaben raised his hand also, while silently nodding, agreeing to the Emperor. Cale formed a distorted expression with just that.

He sighed and settle his breath, slowly and surely gaining his composure back. Choi Han shakes his head and replied to him.

"We can't have that Cale-nim."

Cale just raised his eyebrow and gave the black haired swordsman an -I don't believe you, look.

"Don't try to act innocent on me, I know you want to punch me too."

"No, I don't!"

Cale scoffed. It was sudden, his hearing went ringing, and another set of screams and voices reverberate in his head. His eyes turned bloodshot, gripping, digging and almost clawing Choi Han's arms. He turned his gaze on the man beside him, Ancient WS is surging again. Choi Han's eyes shook. Cale lost his control over his body, as the presence possessing him swing his hands, trying to hit a punch on the swordmaster's face, however.

*SLAP!*

Choi Han slapped him. Hard.

The ringing on his ears stopped as he dropped on the bed, eyelids half closed, realizing that he can now control his body again, and that the slap was stinging and painful, he can feel his cheeks were going numb. He fell asleep, no, fainted.

He wanted to laugh.

When Choi Han saw the redhead's eyes turned to him, bloodshot, nails digging on his flesh, he felt a sudden rush of emotions in his chest. The eyes gleamed red as Ancient WS, who was possessing Cale swing his fists, slowly backing away.

And as a response, he unintentionally, unintentionally slapped his liege.

It was an accident. He swear, an understatement.

"PUNK!"

"THAT WAS A HARD NICE SLAP!"

"CHOI HAN YOU BRUTE!"