4

yoongi never came to jimin's graduation.

jimin had sifted thoroughly through the crowd with his eyes as he walked across the stage, and had hurried around afterward, too. no one else had seen yoongi, either.

stupid hyung, jimin thinks, teary-eyed. how could you lie to me?

every last trace of yoongi is gone, save for the dead flower and his blanket. but even the blanket has lost yoongi's scent. it did not long after yoongi was gone, himself.

he searches for his parents. they were excited to meet yoongi, what with how much jimin always talks about him on the phone. but yoongi isn't here. he didn't come. he promised he would come. but he didn't.

jimin's mother spots him first, smile wide and expectant. it twitches a little when she notices he's alone.

"jiminie, baby, could you not find yoongi?" she asks as she pulls him closer and runs an affectionate hand through his hair.

jimin purses his lips. "he didn't come."

his mother's smile falls. "oh, darling, i'm so sorry." she pulls him into a hug. she knows how much jimin was looking forward to seeing yoongi.

stupid hyung.

when jimin's father returns from the restroom, he also inquires about yoongi. "did i miss him?"

jimin's mother gives a sad look to her husband and shakes her head.

jimin goes home with a heavy heart and the image of his stupid hyung and his dumb stupid face on his mind.

--

a/n: i know this is like SUPER short compared to other chapters but!! there'll be a big time skip in the next chapter so i wanted to leave it off in an even place! sorry for lack of updates, i was in texas during spring break and didn't have much time to myself lol. thanks for reading!